Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Grill top and lower

Tjxlr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Xlr
Hey guys..does the mesh grills..upper and lower on v series fit on the non v?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Hey guys..does the mesh grills..upper and lower on v series fit on the non v?

From what I understand, it will not work on a base XLR, The sensor for the "adaptive cruise control" sits behind the plastic lens, on the drivers side. Cadillac XLR V's do not have "adaptive cruise control". On the XLR V the transmission cooler resides in that area, if not mistaken.

Great..thanks for the input!..we had to put up with MATTHEW this weekend so I have just gotten back on the internet

Both grills should mount without a major fuss. The point regarding the wire mesh interfering with the adaptive cruise control radar was explored within a post a number of years ago on this site or one of the others, but I believe it was here. The owner installed the lower grill and his adaptive cruise control operated normally.

Like the tiny holes in the mesh on a microwave oven's front door, the diameter of the holes determine if the wavelength of the microwaves (or radar) pass. The size of the mesh and distance between the openings in the mesh and the signal source will determine if the receiver can discriminate enough Doppler shift to calculate range rate. The wavelength of the adaptive cruise control radar is approximately the width of an average two-lane road. I think GM didn't want to take any chances that the mesh would reflect the returned energy and decided against including the adaptive cruise control on the V.

Before spending any money though, I'd perform a search on the subject, just to make sure. The post was active about five or six years ago I think.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back