Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

hard top control modules.

long Tall Sally

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 xlr dove gray
well Gm has finally released the top module that has been on back order and the vulters arealready on ebay. One company claims to have 5 for 600$ .They do not have them. Others that do have them in hand range up to 3000$ for one. Not going to get it .There are maybe 50 out there now and most likely can be bought for under 1000$ I had just finished a repair that works fine but my cost is about 400-500 to get them done. I have a couple of new ones and will just wait a while before releasing the repaired ones until all the expensive new ones are gone. If you need one. let me know I will sell on of my new ones reasonably with an offer. I will continue testing my remanufactured ones until GM stops making them. Based on the way they did the suspension modules, after this batch is gone, I am willing to bet that will be it and the part number 25840734 will be discontinued.

Good to know that these modules are now available. Even though I presently don't need one I went ahead and ordered one from GmPartsDirect.com. Just in case.... Total cost including shipping is $564.47. Hopefully they were still available when I placed the order! Thanks again for the heads up LTS.

Well I got this email yesterday from GmPartsDirect.com. Hello and thank you for your order with GMPartsDirect.com.

Unfortunately the part you ordered is on a national back order at this time. GM has cancelled the order since there is no ETA available.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
Eric
GMPartsDirect.com

that's weird as my dealer said there were like 10 of them in the new jersey area warehouse on Wednesday

that's weird as my dealer said there were like 10 of them in the new jersey area warehouse on Wednesday

I think some dealers are unfortunately holding out on parts for our cars. I needed 2 hydraulic struts for the struts and my dealer checked and could not find any nationwide and then put out a request. I waited a few days and still no response from dealers. I decided to start calling dealers my self and was lucky enough to find 2 in a dealership in Florida. I asked the parts manager if he had any requests on his system for the part and his answer was no and asked if I still wanted the part. Unfortunately, I had no other choice at the time and he quoted me a price of $368.00 each which was $100.00 more than what was quoted by my dealer.

My Cadillac dealer got me one today and repaired my folding top. Check out my dilemma in "General discussion" Titled "Power top motor runs continuously"

Hello, I am in Virginia, and thought I had purchased the FTCM, but I also got an email stating the part was backordered and cancelled. I def need one and the dealership is trying to gouge me and I am super skeptical after my encounter with them regarding fixing the top. If you have any mechanics your recommend/trust in Virginia, please let me know. Thanks!!

Sorry, I am in Hilton Head South Carolina. At the top of this this thread look for the user name "Long Tall Sally" he may have a new FTCM. I paid $990 for mine from GM. Good Luck.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom