Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hard Top Will Not Release

diaonyx

1st of all thanks for all of the valuable advice. The XLR is like raising a child something new and different every day. I followed all of the steps to close the top manually however after turning the wrench a quarter turn the latch holding the top still will not release. Has anyone experienced this if so what did you do to resolve the problem. Please hurry rain is in the forecast. Thanks

P.S. how do you fill the pump with hydraulic fluid?

Last edited:
1st of all thanks for all of the valuable advice. The XLR is like raising a child something new and different every day. I followed all of the steps to close the top manually however after turning the wrench a quarter turn the latch holding the top still will not release. Has anyone experienced this if so what did you do to resolve the problem. Please hurry rain is in the forecast. Thanks

P.S. how do you fill the pump with hydraulic fluid?
The screw on the side of the pump at the very top is where the fluid goes. I have a little siphoning gadget that sucks the fluid from the bottle and sends into the pump. Be sure to tighten everything back up before adding fluid. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back