Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Has anyone did a muffler delete on there XLR?

nino78

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinum XLR
I really want to get a deeper rumble. I've always just did muffler deletes with all my other cars and have been very happy with the results. Just wondering if anyone on here has tried it and if so how do you like the results.

Thanks in advance

yes a couple of guys did it. they liked it. see this post.
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...s/8403-mufflers.html?highlight=custom+exhaust
results were as expected, old school loud :thumbsup
i have not personally heard an xlr with straight pipes.
i am wondering if it sounds different than an old school muscle car,
since the northstar is a much more high tech engine.
anything comparable?

Thanks for the response. I had seen those posts before. I was hoping maybe someone had done a video so I could hear what it sounds like before I have it done.

yes, youtube has a few similar cadillacs with the 4.6L engine in similar years with a whole range of muffler modifications
including muffler delete.
i would guess this one would be very close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6abj7af3Y4
only difference is the exhaust config is different our XLR piping is closer to a corvette style.
but the engine being a 4.6L gives i think a very good idea.
theres a few others also.

We have to keep our mufflers in Texas to pass inspection.

However, my Kevin's Durango R/T has the resonators removed and sounds awesome. Is this a possibility on the XLR?

We have to keep our mufflers in Texas to pass inspection.

However, my Kevin's Durango R/T has the resonators removed and sounds awesome. Is this a possibility on the XLR?

Does anyone have knowledge about this?

The xlr doesn't have resonators only cats and mufflers. Some aftermarket kits add resonators to help with drone issues. I heard a xlr with mufflers deleted. Piece of pipe filled the void. He was a member here,has since sold. Sounded kind of the same sound and tone just waayyy louder. To loud for a stock CADILLAC. IMO
Now if you have the motor to make that exhaust sound like music then that's a different story. :dunno:

The xlr doesn't have resonators only cats and mufflers. Some aftermarket kits add resonators to help with drone issues. I heard a xlr with mufflers deleted. Piece of pipe filled the void. He was a member here,has since sold. Sounded kind of the same sound and tone just waayyy louder. To loud for a stock CADILLAC. IMO
Now if you have the motor to make that exhaust sound like music then that's a different story. :dunno:

Some of us do, but I wouldn't recommend a muffler delete just because while adding volume to the exhaust note it will cost you in lost power and fuel efficiency.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom