Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Have You Ever Tried This Wax?

XLR ED

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Crimson Pearl/Ebony
I think I have bought every kind of wax on the market. I was at Manheim Auto Auction buying cars and I saw a guy waxing a black 500SL. I said what kind of wax is that the shine looks great? He said this is the easiest, best wax on the market. On black or dark colors it doesn't smear, easy on/off. So I wrote down what it was and Google it.

I ordered a bottle to try. It came yesterday and I did my XLR and wow this stuff is the best I have ever tried. Here is a link to it and read about it. http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html

I also own a Corvette and on Corvette Forum there are several posts from owners who love this wax. After I did my car I ran into a friend of mine who owns a car detailing shop and said to me I changed wax to this new stuff that is the best I have ever used and sure enough it was Insulator Wax 845.

Wax

I bought some after reading the reviews. I hope to use it this weekend but it may rain. I'll post some new pics after my baby gets thoroughly waxed. :)

collinite wax

I have used collinite paste wax for 50 years. Put it on as thin a coat as you can, you are just filling the pours in the paint. Try 2 coats.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom