Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlight assembly

rmazz91@verizon.net

My XLR/V(s)
xlr
Does anyone know an after market fabricator who rebuilds headlights on the XLR's? I've seen people take the headlight apart on youtube and need to know how to find them.

Very hard to do

The problem is the seal between the outer lens and its reinforcement and the seal between the reinforcement and the housing. This unit is made different than most all on you tube. You can heat it up but if the seal breaks between the outer lens and the reinforcement you are screwed. That seal is why many of them where replaced under warranty. If it leaks then you get water in the unit and its toast. I buy all the used ones I can find that are pieces to try different ways to make that seal. Its a mechanical bond when made that is applied with super pressure and heat. Impossible to duplicate at home. I have the upper inner lens pretty well made as soon as I can figure the best way to remove the outer. Good luck. If you find a way you can have plenty to do. I assume to want to take it apart to do something with the upper turn signal lens

The problem is the seal between the outer lens and its reinforcement and the seal between the reinforcement and the housing. This unit is made different than most all on you tube. You can heat it up but if the seal breaks between the outer lens and the reinforcement you are screwed. That seal is why many of them where replaced under warranty. If it leaks then you get water in the unit and its toast. I buy all the used ones I can find that are pieces to try different ways to make that seal. Its a mechanical bond when made that is applied with super pressure and heat. Impossible to duplicate at home. I have the upper inner lens pretty well made as soon as I can figure the best way to remove the outer. Good luck. If you find a way you can have plenty to do. I assume to want to take it apart to do something with the upper turn signal lens

Yes the turn signal is burnt out.

brunt lens in headlamp

Yes the turn signal is burnt out.
Anyone that needs or wants someone else to restore their headlamps should take a look at a post on the cadillacforums.com do a search for Headlight Burnout Repair which is a post by member F1Ace "Wes". He listed a company in Canada "Winnipeg HID" as his local shop that did his headlight restoration.

Hope this is some help.
V/R
Dave

P.S
Also review this post has some info about possible non-OEM lens replacements...
XLR Headlight Assembly FOR SALE NEW OLD STOCK 10 pin Harness

Does anyone know an after market fabricator who rebuilds headlights on the XLR's? I've seen people take the headlight apart on youtube and need to know how to find them.

it's actually very easy to make a mold your self

ATS headlights would be a nice mod to the XLR

easy

everything is easy. That's why so many people just go out in the garage and build their own cars from scratch.

everything is easy. That's why so many people just go out in the garage and build their own cars from scratch.

Sorry it's really easy to build your own car.

some people start with a on the market car and "work it" from there. to "how they want it"

with off the shelf parts and and recycled chassis you can.

building a car

I prefer to buy them but I did perform my own open heart surgery so it cannot be much harder than that.:))

hope this is helpfull Happy Holidays :)

rmazz81
Take a look at Headlight Logic see their thread We have solved the XLR Headlight Issue, they claim "have the ability to replace your damaged internal lens, replace the halogen bulb with a switchback LED light (clear unless turn signal is on then amber) as well as the resistor and refurbish the outer lens to the point that there are no scratches, pits or discoloration." I am waiting on a quote from them.

Another option for those like me (don't have the time or equipment to do it myself) that needs or wants someone else to restore their headlamps should take a look at a post on the cadillacforums.com do a search for Headlight Burnout Repair which is a post by member F1Ace "Wes". He listed a company in Canada "Winnipeg HID" as his local shop that did his headlight restoration.

I already communicated with Winnipeg HID they can open the headlights, remove the damaged turn signal/DRL lens, re-seal the headlights then replace the turn signal with a switchback LED bulbs, they quoted me for both headlights to do the whole job including two switchback LED bulbs and hyper-flash fix resistors costs $660 CAD (around $520 USD).

Hope this is of help.
Best regards,
Dave :wave:

rmazz81
Take a look at Headlight Logic see their thread We have solved the XLR Headlight Issue, they claim "have the ability to replace your damaged internal lens, replace the halogen bulb with a switchback LED light (clear unless turn signal is on then amber) as well as the resistor and refurbish the outer lens to the point that there are no scratches, pits or discoloration." I am waiting on a quote from them.

Another option for those like me (don't have the time or equipment to do it myself) that needs or wants someone else to restore their headlamps should take a look at a post on the cadillacforums.com do a search for Headlight Burnout Repair which is a post by member F1Ace "Wes". He listed a company in Canada "Winnipeg HID" as his local shop that did his headlight restoration.

I already communicated with Winnipeg HID they can open the headlights, remove the damaged turn signal/DRL lens, re-seal the headlights then replace the turn signal with a switchback LED bulbs, they quoted me for both headlights to do the whole job including two switchback LED bulbs and hyper-flash fix resistors costs $660 CAD (around $520 USD).

Hope this is of help.
Best regards,
Dave :wave:

Could you provide us with the contact information?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom