Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello from Belgium

It's plaisant to read this, thanks again :wave:

The XLR is in the garage for yesterday ! :cool:;)

2005 (AM 2004) - 30 000 Miles (45000 KM) - Black - Ebony trim - Full options - and so funny !!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

I'll send some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks for informations return :)

One fast question: a frend told me that the oïl is difficult to found - Exist similar oïl for the car ?

The XLR is in the garage for yesterday ! :cool:;)

2005 (AM 2004) - 30 000 Miles (45000 KM) - Black - Ebony trim - Full options - and so funny !!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

I'll send some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks for informations return :)

One fast question: a frend told me that the oïl is difficult to found - Exist similar oïl for the car ?

So glad you got your XLR! Sounds like a very nice car :cool: I use a synthetic oil, any quality brand will do. The car calls for 5W-30 'Mobile 1' synthetic but you can use a good quality brand available in Belgium.

I am just wondering if you got an Owners Manual with your car? If you did not you can download one from this site: go to Tech Centre, choose your XLR's year then find the 'Owner's Manual' listing and download it! It is only available in English: good luck with that.... if you have any questions - Just ask us and we will try to help where we can.
:)

As I said before: it has to be difficult to purchase a car from another country, that speaks another language and for you to try to sort things out. :dunno: We are so glad you found your XLR and hope you enjoy it for many years!

THanks, yes, I've got the manual (in French !) so I wondered about the oïl...
I'm reassured now. :)

THanks, yes, I've got the manual (in French !) so I wondered about the oïl...
I'm reassured now. :)

This is a very old document but the first list on page one is the approved motor oil manufacturers for the standard required for the XLR (GM4718M).
I’m sure if you dig around you might find a more current list.

http://stuartschmitt.com/car/gm_approved_engine_oils.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, it's a top information ! - thanks a lot.

Some pics :

My dog Kimi present....
:blinzel:

Beautiful dog! And the XLR looks pretty good too![emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

wow!! 2 Belgians arriving at xlr-net
welcome !!

if only 9 XLR in the whole country, you truly are in an exclusive club !!
you get many looks i am sure,
i dont think many Cadillac are in Belgium in general.

how much is a litre of petrol ?

congratulations on your purchase.

petrol cost +- 1,78 US $ / Liter....:mad:

Some pics :

My dog Kimi present....
:blinzel:

Komi [emoji736][emoji736][emoji190][emoji122]....
73e985f13a3c6d7beb086933aaa578a8.jpg
73e985f13a3c6d7beb086933aaa578a8.jpg
uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171031/b3f09ebf46d3b7e8a8b7e2243b217dcb.jpg[/IMG]
b3f09ebf46d3b7e8a8b7e2243b217dcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk this is Our 2005 like yours?? the 1964 Studebaker Avanti is a
a classic car I see every once in a great while spotted at the grocery in the city I work in...Ravenna Ohio.
Your car is a beauty and Rimi is beautiful as well

Last edited:
XLR belgium

Hello, i live in Belgium - near Spa-Francorchamps. I've 48 yeras old ans I like sportscars.
So, I'll read some topics to find a lot of détails about XLR.
Here, thre'rnt a lot of XLR on the roads because the taxes are high for this kind of car (power).
Sorry, my English is not perfect...

This is my little history about spotscars ;

- Talbot Mata Murena
- Nissan 300 ZX TT
- Opel Speedster Turbo
- Chrysler Crossfire Roadster (N/A)
- Lotus Exige "S"
- Corvette C6 (Z51)
- Alpine A610 Turbo
- Opel GT Turbo Roadster

The 2 latests cars are still in my garage with a Jeep Liberty (KJ) too.

Looking forward to reading you.

Jean-Luc.

HI Jean-Luc

The XLR`s in Belgium are at least far cheaper than in Finland. I actually bought mine from Mons at May 2016:)
Now it´s sitting in the garage waiting for the next (hopefully sunny) summer.

Antsu

Hello Antsu.
Just, in Belgium, the car is not expensive becauses taxes 're higher than the other lands of Europe...
But I have to pay 2400 € for a year to drive it !.....:mad:

Havu you got some pictures of the car with the land of Finland ?

NB; it's the first time that I see people of Finland to come here to buy a car. Sure you wanted this car ! :thumbsup

Hello Antsu.
Just, in Belgium, the car is not expensive becauses taxes 're higher than the other lands of Europe...
But I have to pay 2400 € for a year to drive it !.....:mad:

WOW...so you pay 2400€ just to register the car every year???!!!

Does that include insurance???

I live in California and I though our fees are high. I paid $275 to register last year and that includes $45 for a vanity plate.

Yes, 2400 € / year
But the first year you have the Ecotaxe (2500€) more and the taxe "owner taxe on the road" (more less year after year - for a 2004 model it's 900 €)

so;

2400 + 2500 + 900= 5800 € !! :reddevil:mad:

Now, you understand why the belgian cars have more less cote than the others !...

These taxes 're calculated about the power / cube inch / co2......Belgian minister want to save the world ! :rolleyes: They would like everybody drive in Prius ! :D

who wants live in Belgium ?!....:blinzel:

Yes, 2400 € / year
But the first year you have the Ecotaxe (2500€) more and the taxe "owner taxe on the road" (more less year after year - for a 2004 model it's 900 €)

so;

2400 + 2500 + 900= 5800 € !!

These taxes 're calculated about the power / cube inch / co2......Belgian minister want to save the world ! :rolleyes: They would like everybody drive in Prius ! :D

:

I wonder what it would be if you had a V-Series?

Hi, J-L

I´ll try to find some pictures of the car in Finnish landscape.
The annual cost of driving my car here in Finland is pretty close to your 2400,- . Around 1600,- and I had to pay around 7000,- automobile tax just to get it registered here:)

I actually came to Belgium to look a Maserati, but it was not as described, so I bought the XLR instead.

Antsu

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back