Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello from New Member in Idaho

XLRobbie-V

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR-V
Hello to all, I'm new and want to introduce myself. I live in North-Central Idaho with my wife. We're both retired and love Idaho with all it's beauty, where we can pursue a typical Western lifestyle. It's a conservative state with abundant wildlife which provides hunting and fishing opportunities. We have Whitetail Deer, Elk, Chukar, Quail, Turkey and Pheasant on our property. Also Salmon and Steelhead fishing at our front door. Our rule is to supplement our diet by taking only what we can eat.

Okay, enough about that. I've been a car guy most of my life, and now that I'm retired, I thought about buying an Alante' for our pleasure cruises. So I started looking online when I stumbled across the Cadillac XLR's. Having been out of the city loop for a long time, I didn't even know Cadillac made another roadster! Plus, I don't think I've ever seen one on the road either? But once I saw it, I couldn't get it out of my mind!

After doing a lot of research, reading and watching videos about the XLR, I found the vehicle fascinating. Of course I immediately fell in love with the car, particularly the -V model. So I changed my mind to buy an XLR-V instead of an Allante'. After seeing an Infrared XLR-V come up for sale on the internet, I called the dealer to find out more about the car. It turns out to be the owner's car, and he wanted me to fly out there to view and inspect the car before buying it. I had a lot on my plate with a death in the family, so after much back and forth talk, I declined and bought the car without seeing it in person.

I was going to have it delivered by trucking it out, but instead, the dealer asked if he could have it driven out by his driver. That sounded good to me because I figured the 2,000 mile trip would be a testament that the car was in good running shape. The driver got it here in a few days where I could inspect and drive it. Oh my, it was beautiful in that splendid Infrared paint job, and the supercharged XLR-V is fast for sure!

Thanks for looking, I hope to read and participate more.
Robbie-

Congratulations! Infrared is the best (& fastest) color. We too bought our XLR-V unseen, not sure I’d do that again but it all worked out.

Enjoy & watch for those deer etc. crossing the road! :wave:

Welcome to the forum. I bought mine unseen as well and had it trucked to me. Like another member said, I wouldn't do that again considering the turbulent weather all over the country. I've been very pleased with it considering the many issues others have seen. Congratulations on the purchase and best of luck enjoying the road. By the way I have the same color.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. I bought mine unseen as well and had it trucked to me. Like another member said, I wouldn't do that again considering the turbulent weather all over the country. I've been very pleased with it considering the many issues others have seen. Congratulations on the purchase and best of luck enjoying the road. By the way I have the same color.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Welcome

DM
Preacher

Hello to all, I'm new and want to introduce myself. I live in North-Central Idaho with my wife. We're both retired and love Idaho with all it's beauty, where we can pursue a typical Western lifestyle. It's a conservative state with abundant wildlife which provides hunting and fishing opportunities. We have Whitetail Deer, Elk, Chukar, Quail, Turkey and Pheasant on our property. Also Salmon and Steelhead fishing at our front door. Our rule is to supplement our diet by taking only what we can eat.

Okay, enough about that. I've been a car guy most of my life, and now that I'm retired, I thought about buying an Alante' for our pleasure cruises. So I started looking online when I stumbled across the Cadillac XLR's. Having been out of the city loop for a long time, I didn't even know Cadillac made another roadster! Plus, I don't think I've ever seen one on the road either? But once I saw it, I couldn't get it out of my mind!

After doing a lot of research, reading and watching videos about the XLR, I found the vehicle fascinating. Of course I immediately fell in love with the car, particularly the -V model. So I changed my mind to buy an XLR-V instead of an Allante'. After seeing an Infrared XLR-V come up for sale on the internet, I called the dealer to find out more about the car. It turns out to be the owner's car, and he wanted me to fly out there to view and inspect the car before buying it. I had a lot on my plate with a death in the family, so after much back and forth talk, I declined and bought the car without seeing it in person.

I was going to have it delivered by trucking it out, but instead, the dealer asked if he could have it driven out by his driver. That sounded good to me because I figured the 2,000 mile trip would be a testament that the car was in good running shape. The driver got it here in a few days where I could inspect and drive it. Oh my, it was beautiful in that splendid Infrared paint job, and the supercharged XLR-V is fast for sure!

Thanks for looking, I hope to read and participate more.
Robbie-

Welcome to the xlr net. I too have a infrared but it’s the base model. I’ve had mine since 2012 and just a couple weeks ago turned 60k. I’ve taken mine to car shows and regular cruise ins. Been having so much fun with it. I just had to put new brake pads on her on the front. I had the rears done a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best place....

This is the best place to read about ways to fix, maintain and operate your XLR. Glad you got it before the snow arrives!

Amazing!

Thanks for warm welcome!
I'm glad to be here and enjoy reading the threads. I am amazed at the locations stretching to all corners of the U.S. and that's just from you guys who replied. I was very active on another forum TBN (Tractorbynet) known as 3RRL with 6,825 posts, but have not posted any new threads for many years. As time goes by I hope to contribute more about my car on this one.

So far the XLR-V has fulfilled my every wish as a luxury super fast roadster. I've had several Caddys in the past and a '68 Vette with a blue printed 427 L88 motor some forty years ago. I sold that car to my brother for 4 grand. He kept it for a long time and later sold it for a whole bunch of money. He's obviously smarter than me. Sometimes I wish I had it now, but for driving around at my age, I think I like my little Infrared gentleman's Corvette better! :)

Regarding buying unseen, I was very lucky to have the dealer be so considerate by making sure the car met my expectations, and then having their driver deliver it so he could drive it back if I didn't like it. I'm glad it turned out well for those of you who did the same thing, buying unseen. When it arrived, the first thing I did was pop the hood to see the supercharged motor. Man is that a beauty or what? For the test drive I took it on the highway at 55 mph cruising speed, then floored it. It downshifted and shot to over 90 mph in a flash. I have not had it going that fast since then, no need like when I was 20, you know, but I have thought about it ... lol.

Thanks for warm welcome!
I'm glad to be here and enjoy reading the threads. I am amazed at the locations stretching to all corners of the U.S. and that's just from you guys who replied. I was very active on another forum TBN (Tractorbynet) known as 3RRL with 6,825 posts, but have not posted any new threads for many years. As time goes by I hope to contribute more about my car on this one.

So far the XLR-V has fulfilled my every wish as a luxury super fast roadster. I've had several Caddys in the past and a '68 Vette with a blue printed 427 L88 motor some forty years ago. I sold that car to my brother for 4 grand. He kept it for a long time and later sold it for a whole bunch of money. He's obviously smarter than me. Sometimes I wish I had it now, but for driving around at my age, I think I like my little Infrared gentleman's Corvette better! :)

Regarding buying unseen, I was very lucky to have the dealer be so considerate by making sure the car met my expectations, and then having their driver deliver it so he could drive it back if I didn't like it. I'm glad it turned out well for those of you who did the same thing, buying unseen. When it arrived, the first thing I did was pop the hood to see the supercharged motor. Man is that a beauty or what? For the test drive I took it on the highway at 55 mph cruising speed, then floored it. It downshifted and shot to over 90 mph in a flash. I have not had it going that fast since then, no need like when I was 20, you know, but I have thought about it ... lol.

Watch the go pedal on those V’s - they can be like fly paper for tickets - all speeds feel the same in ours with the top up until you get over triple digits. Then the wind noise finally picks up.... :lol:

Poor little vettes

"I think I like my little Infrared gentleman's Corvette better!"
I like to tell the Corvette guys at a car show, "This is what the Corvette wanted to be. It just never grew up!"
Welcome to the forum. Too bad you didn't have it 2 months ago - you could have brought it Bowling Green for 15th Anniversary. Great fun!

snip...I like to tell the Corvette guys at a car show, "This is what the Corvette wanted to be. It just never grew up!"...snip

What a great comment Doug! I'll have to remember that one.:thumbsup
Maybe next year for the 16th Anniversary?

Best of luck with your new baby...Not a better place to be for a New enthusiast ..Terrific sharing people with an excellent knowledge base...Welcome and enjoy the ride...

WELCOME......We hope you enjoy your Little Red “Corvette In A Tuxedo”. Some of us have named our awesome rides and we named our Roxy! We have enjoyed a lot miles in our Silver 2005 Base model since purchasing her in March of 2011, she had only 53k on the odometer back then and we just turned over 100k coming back home to PA from the 15 Year XLR Homecoming at Bowling Green Ky. Enjoy your new Toy Topless of course when ever possible! CHEERS! [emoji482]🥂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to The XLR Forum

Welcome Aboard! Nice color. Great cars and better people here.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom