Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello...I’m stressing

Fzjadam

I thought I posted a new member post but I don’t see it so maybe it was another site.

Anyway, I’ve got a champagne 05 base with about 72k miles I’ve had for almost 6 months. Cosmetically car is decent but I am freaking out about the suspension control module that is fried. I suppose I will go with the Z06 upgrade shocks, Z06 sway bar, and lowering bolts. I am going to have trouble dealing with the dash error, cruise, and 80 mph max issue not to mention the loss of value because who would want to buy a car with those issues right? If anyone learns of someone that still repairs the modules please let me know. What a disappointment at this time. I was really looking forward to this car but currently it is just collecting dust and raising my blood pressure.

Hi welcome to XLR Forum! You will need to add the simulators too, they trick the computer into not knowing the shocks are no longer the magnetic shocks, now I’m not positive if that takes care of 80 mph reading or not, but I believe it may. Maybe some else will jump in and comment on that. Here’s a list for all of the job items you will need. As for the lower adjustment bolts they came from I believe it was called Southern Corvette auto parts I’ll have see if I can find that information for you, you can call them and tell them you want to purchase the lowering adjustment bolts for your year XLR and they will know which correct ones to send you. I have an 05 also I had changed out shocks, and lowering adjustment bolts in spring of 2019. I found the best price for the shocks on Rockauto.com
31bbdb6a02a98955ef6e362f600eaf50.jpg

Thanks
Caddy Dan using Tapatalk
3951d69bb32e47d5b35a50ecdc9e926b.jpg

Last edited:
Installing simulators will not solve your problem. The Body Control Module (BCM) is bad or not communicating with the other modules as to its status. It has been reported here previously that there are 7 ground connections that can cause phantom errors. Look for posts on this site relating to cleaning and re-establishing good grounds, it may fix your problem, it may not. You might be able to get a used BCM, new ones are no longer available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here’s a picture of all Ground post areas on the XLR
467a4d6f0af5d046922d5a942ddd5174.jpg

Thanks
Caddy Dan using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC