Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS !!

EZGOIN1

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR Silver
HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS !!

Purchased a 2006 XLR Base model a few weeks ago and I have been doing a lot of reading in the forums and would like to say THANK YOU to All the contributors..... especially CCClarke & XLR1 !!

My car was a one owner and all service was performed regulary. In Drivers Display TOP MOTOR OVER TEMP pops up when pressing the top open switch. NO SOUND from motor...checked all hydraulic fluid found to be... OK, checked motor/pump fuse..OK Hydraulic/Motor Bay DRY !

I have to manually lift the trunk lid to open.... and once or twice when I pressed the remote button it would raise all the way up "HOORAY" and "BOO" it would let itself down without staying open

I strongly suspect a bad Thermistor in the motor for the top being inop but in waiting for a Tech2 to be shipped to me I purchased an online XLR Service manual, ordered 2 # 19210515 sensors , 2 trunk assist struts, a TECH2 and a BIG BOTTLE of Tylenol and a case of BEER !! LOL

I noticed in a 2009 thread someone was going to start a TECH2 Thread....if anyone has any pointers on my situation Please feel free to share and MANY,MANY, THANKS In Advance

Charlie @ Fort Stewart ,Georgia

Last edited:
Go to...

Go to the Cadillac XLR Technical Discussion of the forums and read the post "expensive hydraulic parts no more" dont replace any sensors until you have determined if your pump has been sitting in water. I had the exact same problem you described recently and had to replace my pump.

http://rs1069.pbsrc.com/albums/u461...B184_iOS_zpsuvbacnag.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Btw, my first XLR was a 2006 base. Great car!

Last edited:
Go to the Cadillac XLR Technical Discussion of the forums and read the post "expensive hydraulic parts no more" dont replace any sensors until you have determined if your pump has been sitting in water. I had the exact same problem you described recently and had to replace my pump.

http://rs1069.pbsrc.com/albums/u461...B184_iOS_zpsuvbacnag.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Btw, my first XLR was a 2006 base. Great car!

DRY as a desert in the hydraulic well,no water marks etc......:thumbsup

Welcome Aboard

I haven't yet experienced a problem with the top on mine. But will be curious to find out what the solution may be? Please post some pictures of your car.

Welcome.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back