Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help !!! 2005 xlr cranking issue

Dirty

I have a 2005 xlr. I have a cranking issue and it just happened for the 3rd time. Most of the time it drives and runs fine. But when I have the cranking issue the engine turns over, sputters a little, and never stays running. I can smell gas (after trying to crank about 8-10 times). So I assume it's getting fuel. The first 2 times I had it towed to dealership and upon arrival it cranks right up. They say they cant reproduce the problem so they dont know what to fix and it doesnt spit out any codes. And no check engine light. This 3rd time I was out to eat and had it towed home. And once again get it off the tow truck and it cranks right up. No codes no lights. Any ideas ?

Sounds like the ground wire to fuel module. Go to Engine Quits Intermittently post number#36 for fairly simple fix! I tried this first, and been running great. It’s running out of fuel when not grounded and fuel module isn’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like what it's doing. And come to think of it it did cut out on me one time while driving but coasted over and cranked right back up so I didnt think anything about it. Guess I'll give it a shot......cant hurt. Thanks for the advice and the helpful photo. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Sounds like what it's doing. And come to think of it it did cut out on me one time while driving but coasted over and cranked right back up so I didnt think anything about it. Guess I'll give it a shot......cant hurt. Thanks for the advice and the helpful photo. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
Before trying this it cost me 1100$ at the dealership they ask to try a new ECM, that was before N2 deep on here told me about the fix! We are 4 hours from home for 5 days at car event in Ocean City Md. and car is running great! I believe it’s same thing with your XLR too! Hope it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back