Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HELP ! TOP WILL NOT GO DOWN .

caddyknight

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Red Jewel
I JUST HAD MY MECHANIC PUT IN A HYDRAULIC PUMP . BUT THE TOP SEEMS TO BE STUCK . I HEARD RAIN WILL DO THIS , NOT SURE . MY QUESTION ...WHAT CAN STOP THE TOP FROM GOING DOWN , WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM . I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP . MANY THANKS ! MY EMAIL IS timthestar@msn.com

Check all relays check all relays
I JUST HAD MY MECHANIC PUT IN A HYDRAULIC PUMP . BUT THE TOP SEEMS TO BE STUCK . I HEARD RAIN WILL DO THIS , NOT SURE . MY QUESTION ...WHAT CAN STOP THE TOP FROM GOING DOWN , WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM . I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP . MANY THANKS ! MY EMAIL IS timthestar@msn.com
Check all relays reset window relays new pump should work I would believe it's in the electrical just my thought good luck.jerz

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would perform a "top reset" procedure first. I don't recall the exact steps, but you should be able to search the forums for it. Something about holding both window switches down and up for 5 seconds each plus something else?

First off, re-index both driver and passenger windows. Push each window switch down, hold for 10 seconds, then roll window up and hold for 10 seconds. After doing this for each window, try the roof. Works? If not, next step is to re-learn the roof. For that you'll need access to a TECH II tool. You can also run diagnostic on the roof as well, could be a sensor

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom