Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help. Trunk wont stay open

XLRJimJ

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Light Platinum XLR-V
I have an issue with the trunk. It will pops open and then immediately closes. I had it into the dealer for a look. With then COVID issues they don’t have manpower to look at it.
Thanks for any help.

I would say to give it a try and have a top relearn with a TECH II done. That has solved several problems like that on my XLR

Thanks for the response. I am planning on going to a different dealer and I will recommend this. I am really not too happy with the dealer I was going to. They struggle with the XLR’s. In fact the dealership owner has a 2005 Xlr that has been in the shop for a year. The top wont open.

Thanks for the response. It could be the pump. I checked it and the compartment is dry. No sign of water. Hydraulic oil level is good. The trunk lifts about 6 inches, then immediately closes. If I do it several time, it does open, but then it won’t close. If I wait 10 -20 minutes and try to close it it will close. I had in to the dealer as the top would go have way up and freeze. Would not open or close. Waited a period of time and it would then close same as above. I am thinking (Hoping) it is Only a programming issue and it needs a relearn. I have it scheduled at another dealer to reprogram the sequencing and have them check it out. Thanks again.

Last edited:
The interior trunk switch on the dash doesn't work. I use the trunk key fob and it works. I use the switch on the console for the top and it works. Then it makes sounds like it's groaning and about to die. Any thoughts?

update to the above thread My problem was resolved With the replacement of the actuator, located in the trunk under the trunk latch. All works perfect now, except my wallet is somewhat lighter. Thanks to all for your help.

Watch out using that inside button for the trunk - if you push it caddywumpus & it gets caught sideways, things like the trunk opening automatically when you open the door will happen. Don’t ask me how I know ... I stick with using the fob now.

update to the above thread My problem was resolved With the replacement of the actuator, located in the trunk under the trunk latch. All works perfect now, except my wallet is somewhat lighter. Thanks to all for your help.
Where did you get the actuator from?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back