Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Here is a rare V

GM MUSL

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V Infrared/Ebony
According to the Autotrader here in Canada there is a 2008 V purple with cashmere. I am guessing it is the Goldmist Platinum Edition which according to the numbers available only 9 base models were ever made and this one is a V. Could it be a one off?? It is selling cheap too $40000 Canadian dollars (approx. $39000 US) with less than 30000 miles!

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/CADILLA...medium=Email&utm_campaign=Alert_email_buttons

It's only a one off, because it's been repainted. I'd bet my ranch GM did not build this car that way. If you look at the pictures, you'll notice the rear badging is incorrect. The V logo belongs on the left side, not the right.

According to the Autotrader here in Canada there is a 2008 V purple with cashmere. I am guessing it is the Goldmist Platinum Edition which according to the numbers available only 9 base models were ever made and this one is a V. Could it be a one off?? It is selling cheap too $40000 Canadian dollars (approx. $39000 US) with less than 30000 miles!

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/CADILLA...medium=Email&utm_campaign=Alert_email_buttons

It's only a one off, because it's been repainted. I'd bet my ranch GM did not build this car that way. If you look at the pictures, you'll notice the rear badging is incorrect. The V logo belongs on the left side, not the right.

Good catch, Cubby...

Good catch, however take a look at the picture I posted in the other thread I linked above. That is the build sheet showing the options sent to me this afternoon from GM. It does list the car as a V.

Good catch, however take a look at the picture I posted in the other thread I linked above. That is the build sheet showing the options sent to me this afternoon from GM. It does list the car as a V.

What is the "other" thread?

The link I posted in Post #2 above this one...

Thanks. I felt like I was in a loop :rolleyes:. That is the thread I first noticed. Sorry 'bout the confusion.

BTW, I emailed them asking about the colour (sic) and they claim it was original. I've asked for a picture of the paint code label and asked about the badging. I don't expect an answer.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom