Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Hydraulic pump leak

LarryW143

I know this has probably been covered but I have a leak in the hydraulic top system. The system leaks about 15CC of fluid per cycle. With that much fluid you would think it wouldn't be hard to find. Theres one area i haven't been able to access and thats the bottom of the pump itself. That area seems to be damp, but is difficult to see. 3 questions. Is it common for a pump to blow a seal? The pump itself is functioning fine. Is there a published procedure to remove this pump? Are there any issues with TopHydraulics?
Larry

Common leak point is above the headliner from the latch at the windshield. Headliner will soak up quite a bit before you will notice it. Pump would leak into the bottom of the well that it is in. Maybe leak out the hole in the bottom?

after I posted this I went to Top Hydraulics and looked at an excellent video on removing the pump. I'm 95% sure that it's a pump seal gone bad. I did find it interesting that he mentioned in the video about rain water getting into the system When i lifted the truck floor mats they were wet. Looked at the gasket and it wasn't obvious where the water was coming into the truck. Another issue. The ride control warning came on last week and the cruise control service light came on a couple weeks ago. One step at a time.

the ride control module is very expensive if an 04 or 05. The cruise module may just need cleaning of the front cover .

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom