Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

In need of third brake light

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
Hey guys and gals... someone backed into my 2007 XLR and broke the third brake light. Yea, the one on the truck lid. Does anyone know where I can get one?? The trunk got tweaked slightly, but it does still close... with a liitle help. I'm pretty sure I can tweak it (or adjust it) back into the correct position (I used to be in the body shop trade).
Thanks... Rod

Rod - thought I could help you because we got new ones for about a $100 a few years ago. Not great, made in China but serviceable. GM Part no. is 19330404 if you want to search. This place claims to have it, don’t know anything about them or if it will end up out if stock once you order: 2004-2009 Cadillac XLR High Mount Lamp 19330404 | Trunk Monkey Parts

So ive heard other people talk about this made in china light.ive bought them several years ago for around 100$ and they were factory gm. They wdre sold by jeystone but were gm lights. They sell aftermarket oRts but they also sell gm. I would love to see something that says there was an actusl knock off china part.ive had two of the major aftermarket light companiess look for someone making an aftermarket anything for the xkr. My old crash manuals shows the third brake light was list price 86.00 in 2010. I dont think any aftermarket company would make such a low value low volumn item. please prove me wrong on this one..if ist gots a crest glued on it gm would have stopped it in a chevy heartbeat.

Mickey -
What we bought was sold as factory GM and had the emblem on it, but either the box or part was marked as made in China. It’s been a few years so I don’t remember for certain, but I do remember an internal commentary about Chinese manufacture. Anyway, it’s a moot point - and of no help to Rod! - since that one is no longer available.

Well iit sort of is but not. If someone actually made a. Brake light in china then they could make more.one thing about the chinesse. They dont throw anything away. There would be someone with the molds and at 4-500$ i guarantee they would start up production. However depo and spec.d both checked as i stated and could not find any listings of anyone making anything aftermarket for the car. They can be made but usually 1000 is a minimum order for anything like this.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom