Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Indianapolis "V" Meet

GizmoQ

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V; 1996 Eldorado ESC-V
I just read on another forum that their "Midwest 'V' meet" (mostly CTS's) scheduled for 16 April is going to be sponsored by Lockhart Cadillac.

Their meet will be at Rick's Boatyard Cafe at 2 pm. Looks like 20+ cars (V1 and V2). And they're trying to get Lockhart to bring out a V Coupe or a V wagon. Other speed shops, tuners, and car audio shops have been invited as well.

I like Ricks. Have been there several times. Eagle Creek Airport is across the street and we head over there for dinner once a year or so. Last time was with the XLR gang so I am overdue.

Bob

Was at Lockhart Cadillac yesterday picking up my DTS from service and asked them about "V" gathering. They knew about it and were trying to get involved with taking some vehicles over there. The lady I talked to is going to e-mail me any new info. I will pass on as I get it.

Got an e-mail from Lockhart today. She stated that the 20+ "V" cars already scheduled to be there will make this the largest "V" series group get together to date. Hope anyone that is not doing the Ashville trip can make it. We can all eat at Rick's Cafe. Hopefully it will be a nice day to be outside on the deck overlooking the water.

The weather is not cooperating at all..... My V is still in the hangar

Bob

It was a miserable day. Got there about 3:45 (late as usual, but I wasn't the last). Drizzling rain and chilling winds. Overall 21 V's showed up. As usual with all the comings ang goings we never did get a single pic of everyone who did make it. Some left early and some (like me) came late.

indyv06_resize.JPG

Lockhart brought a CTS-V sedan and Coupe, but with the weather - no test driving. Then again, I think they saw what our cars looked like and got scared.

One guy brought his 800+HP V on Mickey Thompson street slicks - MONSTER Motor!
DSC_1141.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/v/qzMLLItvu58

Then on Sunday 5 of us went up to Grissom AFB for the Indy SCCA Solo Autocross. I didn't know we had to work the course in order to race the course. And I ended up working the first heat out in the cold and wind - freezing my hands and toes off. By the time I got to my car for my runs I had to turn the heat up to 90 degrees for 15 minutes to regain the feeling in my fingers.

The first guy in the video has been racing for 4 years and beat my time handily, but I beat all the rest of the novices in the group. Scored a second place in class and got a trophy for my efforts. Luckily, there are no pics or vids of my third run when I spun out in turn five and ending up in the grass off course. :pat:

One of the V guys summed up the autocross as just like going to the amusement park on a busy weekend - waiting 2 hours in line for four one minute rides.
http://www.youtube.com/v/zzVDGmEk-Xk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back