Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! interior color names

ron6962

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR Platinum Edition
This should be easily obtained info, but I keep getting conflicting input from various sources, including GM. I have a 2007 XLR Platinum Series with a Liquid Amethyst exterior and a Cashmere interior...those color codes I know and trust. I need to replace some interior trim (above the doors and behind the seats on the back panel) and I cannot determine what the color name should be to match what I have. The trim I have is a dark purplish color (see picture) and I keep getting input that says it should be Ebony and other input that says it should be Burl. Does anyone know for sure what the color should be called? I'm afraid if I order something with Ebony trim, it will be black, and mine is certainly not black. I have no idea what the color Burl is supposed to look like. Sorry for such a basic question, but I cannot seem to get a common answer I can trust to be accurate. Thanks.
back panel.jpg

GM often uses different naming conventions in their brochures and on their websites. The parts list differs sometimes too. There are only two colors listed for the parts you need for the year of your build, ebony and burl. Ebony is black. I think you've already answered your question.

CC

color confusion

CC, here's some of my confusion...see attached picture of part number 15269316, the back panel, and the parts stickers associated with it. (These are from Ebay) The picture appears to be the color I need...a dark purplish color...but the parts stickers associated with it...one says Ebony and one says Burl. ???
s-l1600.jpgback panel.jpg

As depicted in the parts list, (and the picture you provided) the waterfall and upper (burl) trim piece are furnished as a two-part, dual-color assembly (as opposed to two sub-assemblies). Unless someone parts it out, the assembly is identified by a single part number, which I provided. Each component has an individual part number, hence the multiple stickers/color combos. The ebony marking may be a generic assembly ID.

Bottom line: As long as the picture matches the part you need, problem solved.

CC

Last edited:
As depicted in the parts list, (and the picture you provided) the waterfall and upper (burl) trim piece are furnished as a two-part, dual-color assembly (as opposed to two sub-assemblies). Unless someone parts it out, the assembly is identified by a single part number, which I provided. Each component has an individual part number, hence the multiple stickers/color combos. The ebony marking may be a generic assembly ID.

Bottom line: As long as the picture matches the part you need, problem solved.

CC
Thanks CC. OK...so if I'm understanding you...burl is the color description of the upper trim piece, and not ebony? The picture does look like my trim color, but the ebony code on the part number is confusing. I think I will order the part, and hope for the best. The door trim pieces are referred to as burl on the GMPartsCenter.com site, so that would make sense.

I also subscribed (one day) to the repair manual service you recommended, and printed off some removal/replacement pages for the door panels. I could not find a good description for removing the back panel, but I did find some reference to other parts back there, so hopefully it will become obvious. (Lord help me to never leave my top down unattended again!) :)

I can't make this any easier to understand with words, so . . .

Attachments

• This Is.jpg
    This Is.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 346
Burl is dark purple

I can't make this any easier to understand with words, so . . .

OK! Finally! Someone actually points out that Burl is the dark purplish color that is on the back panel trim! That's all I have been asking anyone who knows to confirm. Everytime I asked the question, I get Ebony is black....I know that, but no one (until now) has confirmed what Burl looks like.

Again....thanks!
Ron

Question on Upper Dash Pad

Is your upper dash pad which appears Ebony color in the picture leather with white stitching along the front edge? I wonder if the Platinum trim vehicle is the same as the XLR-V? Thanks, Mandy

Here's what Burl looks like. :lol:

Attachments

• Burl.jpg
    Burl.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 293
Is your upper dash pad which appears Ebony color in the picture leather with white stitching along the front edge? I wonder if the Platinum trim vehicle is the same as the XLR-V? Thanks, Mandy

Mandy, the dash pad on my 2007 Platinum edition XLR has stitching the same color as the dash pad.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom