Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Job offer from Disney,,,,,,

As a CG artist myself, this was enjoyable to watch, with lots of nice details, (like the rectangular reflection map on the eyeballs to simulate the TV.) Within a minute, it was pretty obvious to me this wasn't a student animation. Sure enough, the end credits bore that out.

Animation is the most tedious, time-consuming thing I've ever done, and character animation is an order of magnitude harder, which is why I specialize in technical animation. Individual shots (most are about five seconds long) can take days, weeks, or months to animate, depending on complexity. I once created (all elements -modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging and animating) an 18-minute animation with over fifty shots. It took six months of forty-hour weeks to finish by myself. A single student would be hard-pressed to ever pull off an animation like the one in the above link, much less a seasoned pro.

There's no "Easy Button" to creating animation, which explains why 50% of my class dropped out by the third week of school. It's hard work, and demands incredible patience and attention to detail. There's nothing glamorous or exciting about it at all. By the time the final shot is finished, you never want to see any of it again after reviewing it frame-by-frame hundreds of times. The best animation project is the one you're just starting.

Nice animation though, with a good pace and plot.

CC :wave:

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry