Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Key fob 2005 xlr

Golhock

My XLR/V(s)
Black /Black 2005 XLR
Hi guys,

Im looking for a second key fob for my 2005 xlr...my keyfob is an original, and it has a key and it is a #1..the number is..M3N65981403

Ive heard that the newer looking key fob is compatible with my 2005..

key fob cadillac.jpgif it is compatible...Does anyone have an fccid#...or a part number that matches this keyfob design?..and when I find one..does it need to be a #2?..or does the newer keyfobs not matter if it is a 1 or 2..etc. also, how would I get a physical key that inserts into this keyfob? Do I give a keymaker/locksmith my existing key to make one that fits into the keyfob?

Thank you for taking the time to help out..

The numbers on the back mean nothing to the car, it's a way to differentiate one key from another, ie, wife's fob vs husband's fob. I don't think the newer fobs will work for 04 and 05 cars, seems I read that a couple of years ago. It wouldn't hurt to try if you get one fairly cheap. Most of the newer ones don't come with a key blank, you have to buy them separately, but that's not a big deal. I've seen key/fob combos on eBay every so often. The first key programmed to the car will be #1, second key #2, so on, regardless of the numbers on the back of the fobs.

Thank you Rexster314..Ill stick with the original..
any sources you know of ..besides ebay/amazon?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom