Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Launch Control

64rdc19

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared XLR-V
I just recently returned from Cadillac performance V-Lab in Daytona beach Raceway. The new CTS-V and ATS-V have a feature called launch control or mode, something like that. What it is I'll describe like a transmission brake used by drag racers, by fully depressing the brake pedal and the gas pedal at the same time, the RPM's stabilize at 1500 then releasing the brake pedal the car launches like a rocket. I need to mention the car is in "High Performance Mode " my question is, are our 2006-2009 XLR-V models equipped with this as well? Believe it or not I asked the question when I was at V-Lab and didn't get an answer, I wanted to ask here before I tried it on mine [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is a "Performance Mode" that changes the shift algorithm in the transaxle and stiffens the MR shocks.

Outside of that the only "Launch Control" is your right foot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I went to one of those & tried launch control, the response to me seemed almost violent. Somebody asked the instructor about it possibly breaking something on the car, & his response was "it's under warranty & that's what the warranty is for." Not so sure it'd be a good thing to try out on a 10 year old XLR ...

There is no 'launch control' on the XLR's. I don't even have it on my 2011 CTV-V. I don't think it came out until the ATS-V's hit the market.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom