Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Left door latch

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
I installed a new lower hinge, and adjusted the door as perfect as can be. All of the lines between the door, front fender, and quarter panel are good. The striker on the door is in perfect alignment with it's sister part on the rear quarter. (I checked it by putting a piece of masking tape on the quarter panel, and put a horizontal mark on that tape in line with the part on the door.) The door opens very nicely from the inside when the release button is pushed, (It actully "pops" open about 10 inches or so) but when I open it from the outside, it seems like there is a VERY, VERY SLIGHT drag felt, I.E. It doesn't pop open like it does from the inside. I suspect the latch on the quarter panel may be a little worn. I had removed the outside release pads on both doors several months ago and cleaned the circuit pads, because the right one didn't work, so while I was at it I did the driver's side to as a precaution, and they both work. Any and all comments would be appreciated!!!!

Have you done a reset of the windows?

Try this. Open the door and manually latch the door latch. you can do it with your finger or a small screwdriver. Then put a light touch of grease on the stricker face that the latch makes contact with. ease the door shut till it touches. look where the greas is on the door latch. see if its cetered or not in the slot. if the door latch needs to be adjusted up or down, in and out it is done inside the door with 2 10 mm nuts. the door panle has to come off to adjust it

door latch

Try this. Open the door and manually latch the door latch. you can do it with your finger or a small screwdriver. Then put a light touch of grease on the stricker face that the latch makes contact with. ease the door shut till it touches. look where the greas is on the door latch. see if its cetered or not in the slot. if the door latch needs to be adjusted up or down, in and out it is done inside the door with 2 10 mm nuts. the door panle has to come off to adjust it

I think I solved it Mickey. By the way, I need to talk to you about that tool return, and can't get you by phone.

Mine would do the same thing. I removed the touch pads and polished up the copper with a scotchbrite pad. Works perfectly now.

No, I didn't do a window reset. How does one do that? Step by step PLEASE!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom