Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking for A good Cruise Control Module for a 04-05 XLR

Johnny Vette

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl
I am new to the forum and have owned my 2005 XLR for almost 3 years now I use it as one of my drivers and love it. Recently my Cruise Control Module has been failing sending Service Radar Cruise in the message center. I have seen used ones for sale for around 1,000.00. Really do not want to pay that kind of money for a part that is either bad or can fail again in the next few years. Is there anyone reconditioning these modules yet, or I would take a gamble on a used one for a few hundred dollars if it was working before being removed from the donor car. Thanks, Sorry for the upside down shots could not correct them for some reason LOL.
John V.
IMG_1119.jpgIMG_1118.jpgIMG_1897.jpg

Last edited:
traction

that car has some really sticky tires to park it in the garage like that. I am afraid no one as yet is rebuilding the modules. I have tried to buy some damaged ones to see whats involved but no luck so far. The used ones will bring 600-1000 so finding one for a couple hundred may be iffy. Very likely just needs the plastic cover cleaned and or replaced. if its too bad I know they will not work. I had one that would not work because someone spray painted the think black. when I cleaned all the paint off of it it seemed to work ok. I have one for an o5 part number 10349974 that is supposed to be good but I have no way to test it till I get another 04 or 05 car. If you ever head to Knoxville (if brentwood is Tn ) I would be glad to meet and let you check it out. Its going to be 5-600 but I would allow something for your old one.

Thanks for the input. I have cleaned the lens and even checked and cleaned the connectors to the module, I even changed the brake light switch. Sometimes the cruise works and sometimes does not. Everything else in the car works,and I am just trying to keep it hat way. I am out in California. If you ever find out if the module you have is good let me know. One question I have when I had the module out sounds like there is something that moves around in there when you tip it side to side is that normal?

cruise

well I have been told that they are supposed to ring like a bell sort of when you shake it .But that was by a guy that should know but he also sells them. so I am not banking on that yet. I know 06 up do not rattle or nothing moves as I have had new ones of those. I will keep you posted if I get a car or work on one so I check this module out.. We have a Brentwood not far from here but you are a quite a ways away. HAHA

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom