Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking for any experience (Good or Bad) with Dealership Service in the Los Angeles Area

Rule62

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Sable Black XLR/V
So, I would like to take my newly acquired '06 XLR-V to a dealership for the 50K/5 year recommended maintenance. From reading posts on this forum it's seems important to find a dealership with a Certified XLR Technician in the Service Department.

Does anyone have any experience with or can recommend a Dealer in the Los Angeles area. There are about a half-dozen scattered around here and rather than comb through them one-by-one, I figured I'd put the question to the group.

Thanks in advance for any insight. :thumbsup

So, I would like to take my newly acquired '06 XLR-V to a dealership for the 50K/5 year recommended maintenance. From reading posts on this forum it's seems important to find a dealership with a Certified XLR Technician in the Service Department.

Does anyone have any experience with or can recommend a Dealer in the Los Angeles area. There are about a half-dozen scattered around here and rather than comb through them one-by-one, I figured I'd put the question to the group.

Thanks in advance for any insight. :thumbsup

Where abouts in the LA area? Middleton perhaps?

Where abouts in the LA area? Middleton perhaps?
I should have used punctuation here... I mean Los Angeles. I assume you inferred Louisiana, as I don't know any town called Middleton.Sorry about the confusion.

Have had good luck from Parkway in Valencia

I have had good service from Parkway in Valencia. I usually see Linda, one of the service writers. They know my XLR inside and out as it was a real problem child to start. Fortuately most of the bugs are out.
I should have used punctuation here... I mean Los Angeles. I assume you inferred Louisiana, as I don't know any town called Middleton.Sorry about the confusion.

One of the managers at Silver Star actually owns a XLR, that might help. Even though I live in L.A. I let my Chevy (Rydell) dealer work on mine, because my mechanic (Donny Yorke) is so experienced.
Bruce

On one note. Watch out when they put the sealer foam in the ac vent area. Because after they do that, then u use your ac/heater. The foam break up and you have flying sticky balls coming out of your vents. These black sticky balls will stick to anything in your interior and cause one big headache trying to get rid of this mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the managers at Silver Star actually owns a XLR, that might help. Even though I live in L.A. I let my Chevy (Rydell) dealer work on mine, because my mechanic (Donny Yorke) is so experienced.
Bruce

Same here in PA I use a local Renn Kirby Chevrolet Dealership the owner has a Red 2006 base XLR (he parks it in the showroom over the winter months) and they have a great Cadillac mechanic, he's not certified for the XLR, but last year they even did a top relearn. They are 15 minutes away and $87 per hr. They have done motor work , rebuilt the rear end and found the gas gauge problem, l'm very satisfied with them, and they deal with my Aftermarket Warranty Company and they always park her in their side garage for me. [emoji106]
My closest Cadillac Dealership is 45 minutes away, it is an Apple Cadillac in York PA and they're $109 per hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Los Angeles Dealers - Service

The hints you have received have been for dealers north of LA (way north, in some cases). I have had good luck with Tustin Cadillac, if you are closer to OC. I will NEVER use Allen Cadillac, even though they are closer to me. :(

If you are south of LA, there is a group of us that get together - PM me, if you are interested.

PAK XLR8

I to bought two XLR's from Allen, 04 at $76,000 and 06-V at $100,000 and after awhile they treated me like trailer trash, off to Tustin and they too joined the group after a few years. Had great luck with Orange Coast Cadillac, they fixed things on my warranty that Tustin wouldn't touch, claiming I had a chip in which I don't. Out of warranty at 64,000 and someone pulled me over and offered to buy my baby at $60,000 after the holidays. Gotta start my search for something as nice as the V was, it will be tough unless I do a Corvette or CTS-V:xmas:

The hints you have received have been for dealers north of LA (way north, in some cases). I have had good luck with Tustin Cadillac, if you are closer to OC. I will NEVER use Allen Cadillac, even though they are closer to me. :(

If you are south of LA, there is a group of us that get together - PM me, if you are interested.

PAK XLR8

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back