Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking for, rubber cover behind lower grille driver side

Jaxrwild

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum
Looking for, rubber cover behind lower grille driver side it's missing not sure maybe plastic
20200126_144049.jpg this is passenger side

20200126_144056.jpg this is driver side something missing
Thanks in advance

Cadillac GM OEM 04-08 XLR 4.6L-V8 Radiator-Extension Left 10316925

Hi,
Yup, something missing for sure. Just a couple of weeks ago I was fidgeting and noticed mine was missing the right side. I managed to find one (10305418) sparkling new, from a seller in Nebraska.

Driver's side is here Cadillac GM OEM 04-08 XLR 4.6L-V8 Radiator-Extension Left 10316925 | eBay or Google ~ ' 10316925 gm ' and see what you can find.

Problem is, lots of the online sellers seem to list uncommon shtuff but don't actually have it. And the bastadges don't even take the item down after they confirm they don't. They just like to hold your loot for a day or two then refund (another few days). Imagine that times a few thousand people buying, and not just for trinket items like one might consider this to be.

If the fellow on eBay says he does, he pretty much has to (you're covered with eBay and PayPal), however, his reputation isn't great (check his feedback). <sigh>

Ultimately, all it is on the left, is a flat sheet of rubber about 1/8 " thick (similar to the right), but it doesn't fold back like the right (is supposed to).

If this guy screws around, let me know and I can scan the left one I have, and you could find a piece of rubber somewhere that would do the job just fine. He's gouging by the way... other sites "say" they have 'em for about 6 bucks. It's a piece of rubber with 4 holes in it, come on...

Note also, the listing will only be for the left one even though the two of them are highlighted.

HTH!

Gord ;)

Is the driver side the exact same as the the passenger side if that's so no he just make one and and does it fall back I don't understand this is just go towards the the radiator or does it cover that relay box that's in there if you have a picture of the driver side I appreciate it

it does not cover the cruise module. its just there to keep air towards the radiator. The person that shows one on ebay hardly ever has any parts that he claims. He just lists numbers and may or may not have them. On good thing is when you order and he has to refund your money it now costs him thru paypal. 90% of the people who list numbers that are GM discontinued do not have them. SMC vette parts being one of the exceptions that only sells what they have in hand. This listing just takes your money then tries to find a dealer that has it and buy from them. I am not sure they are the same side to side but if a dealer has it he will gladly sell it to you at a reasonable price

oh and as Gord says the problem with ebay is if they list and dont have it and cancel the order ,give you your money back, you cannot leave a negative to warn others the they are selling parts they do not have in hand . So his feedback should be even much worse.That said he does get some hard to find parts so worth a try, nothing to loose. He has two listings for the same part # which is also against ebays rules .might give him a try if you need it.

Last edited:
Cadillac GM OEM 04-08 XLR 4.6L-V8 Radiator-Extension Left 10316925

Hi all,

Yeah, that fellow on eBay might be a bit of a gamble though it's not high-stakes imho... I'd try it.

That said, here's a scan of said slab of rubber. It is just a straight-through baffle as L.T.S. mentions, let's add though that it would somewhat protect that rather costly radar unit for the cruise control.

It's a full-size scan I do believe and I put a couple of little metric rulers on the platter so you could scale it up or down depending how it comes through to the website. I really don't think it's rocket-science, more that it is probably a somewhat essential for air flow and protection.

Matter of fact, it's almost...*almost* an identical twin to your right side piece with the length and the hole positions as the exceptions so you could pattern pretty well off of that one as needed.

HTH!

Gord ;)

Attachments

• 10316925.jpg
    10316925.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 253
it attaches to the upright on the left of the cruise module and goes out to the bumper those two round christmas tree clips shown in the photo are what holds it on

What is the passenger side supposed to look like is the one I have pictured correct

Hi,
Yes, your passenger side one looks correct and original. I do believe its mounting method (the long black tie-wrap) is not...so you might want to correct that if possible.

I noticed the infamous seller on eBay has pulled his ad as 'no longer available' - guessing that was you who got him to actually give up. :thumbsup So if you have to make another, indeed, pattern off the picture above or use your pax side as the basis. I'd say you're also not necessarily limited to using rubber: if you found some reasonably pliable and sturdy plastic or pretty much any material that's waterproof and can flex around a bit, you would be good to go.

Do you still have a lower grill to fill the entire hole? It's part number 15247797 if needed. I wouldn't run the car without it actually - fear of losing the cruise radar thingy to a stone or such. They are available, eBay for sure. Cadillac GM OEM 04-08 XLR-Grille-Lower 15247797 | eBay , and perhaps still through other online sources.

HTH!

Gord :)

I was able to purchase the driver side at wholesalegmpartsonline wire tie is easy to remove lower grill still off , had some damage on the grill from a piece of flying wood. Pick up what I needed at a junk yard had to purchase more than I needed probably going to put the unused up for sale. I won't drive till it's finish this weekend

that was me on ebay .I ordered two and he pulled them. Ebays rules say they cannot sell if they dont have an item but they do

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom