Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

LOST... Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection

CadillacSam

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Gray
Hi.

Like I mentioned in another post I'm searching the chapter "[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Battery Negative Cable Disconnection
and Connection" cause my alarm turns on once I disconnect the battery.

I got the GM service manual but can not find this? Maybe I'm too stupid for this...

Dozens of "[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection" sentences everywhere but on which
side is this chapter??

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sammy[/FONT][SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

I’m thinking you have an aftermarket alarm system in your car as the XLR doesn’t come with one. You need to find the documentation for your alarm system.

I’m thinking you have an aftermarket alarm system in your car as the XLR doesn’t come with one. You need to find the documentation for your alarm system.

This car is 100% Original, it was pre owned by an old man who surely never changed anything on it.
Didn't know this siren until I heard it: Open the trunk, open the hood, disconnect the negative cable and voila...
It has ultrasonics detection, so why no system for the trunk open?

Never heard of this!! You must have a after market system.

I think it's factory standard maybe only on export vehicles - this is a European model.

The alarm can go off on ANY XLR if it is armed and you have opened the door using the emergency dead battery procedure, since the door was opened without using the key fob. I had it happen to me, and I assure everyone my XLR has the standard theft deterrent system. If the alarm goes off when you reconnect the battery, Sammy, shut if off by pressing the unlock button on your key fob. If that doesn't do the trick, there's a chance you have an issue with communication between the remote and the car.

"Disarming the System
Always use your keyless access transmitter to unlock a
door either by pressing the unlock button on the
transmitter or by squeezing the door handle sensor
while you have the transmitter with you. Unlocking a
door any other way will set off the alarm. If your alarm
sounds, press the unlock button on the keyless
access transmitter to disarm it." -2004 XLR manual, Section 2 page 18

The alarm can go off on ANY XLR if it is armed and you have opened the door using the emergency dead battery procedure, since the door was opened without using the key fob. I had it happen to me, and I assure everyone my XLR has the standard theft deterrent system. If the alarm goes off when you reconnect the battery, Sammy, shut if off by pressing the unlock button on your key fob. If that doesn't do the trick, there's a chance you have an issue with communication between the remote and the car.

"Disarming the System
Always use your keyless access transmitter to unlock a
door either by pressing the unlock button on the
transmitter or by squeezing the door handle sensor
while you have the transmitter with you. Unlocking a
door any other way will set off the alarm. If your alarm
sounds, press the unlock button on the keyless
access transmitter to disarm it." -2004 XLR manual, Section 2 page 18

I don't know if we are talking about the same issue.

So let's go through this step by step:

1. I open the trunk with key fob or button (battery connected)
2. Open the hood, disconnect the battery to unmount convertible pump
3. A "second" siren coming from the rear turns on
4. Pressing a button on the fob will not stop it, cause the battery is still disconnected
5. I reconnect the battery. The siren in the back stays on and additional horn alarm under the hood turns on, too
6. Now I can disable both alarms with the key fob cause battery is connected again

So no chance to turn alarm off via key fob with battery disconnected.
Maybe my English is not so good, that I understood it wrong (I'm from Germany) :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom