Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Making a Change!

Wish you could make it to Mid-Ohio, but understand. Hope everything is going well so far. Got to get out with it today and put about fifty miles on it. Already getting ideas on what I want to do to it! Probably won't see you until Bowling Green, as we will miss Road America this year. It's my mother's 80th birthday that weekend and we have a big bash planned! Keep in touch and let us know how everything is progressing. Tell Cindy we said hello!

What a beautiful car, Cubby. I can't wait to see it. Looking forward to following another silver Corvette, like so many of my happy memories since buying my first XLR. It doesn't matter what kinds of cars any of us drive any more, the bonds of friendships that the XLR's brought us will remain. As many of us have said - we are just car people and all enjoy the time spent with one another. While there may be a lot of Corvettes out there - there are so many unique ones and so many gorgeous ones. I have always been a huge 'Vette fan, and always will be. :cool:
Hoping the sunshine continues to beam all summer long for you. Looking forward to seeing and Supa sometime soon.
I wish I could make Mid Ohio next month, but I will be grounded, one way or another next month. Enjoy yourselves. :wave:

Dave and Cindy (and Devin)

We most certainly will be there. And we will bring the Vette. I am out of room to keep buying and not get rid of anything, so the XLR-V had to go. :( Once we retire and decide where we are going to settle, I'll start buying again and make sure I have a big enough building :)
It will be good to see you guys again!

I hope (and assume) you will be bringing the Vette to the homecoming!? Love those current Vettes, amazing to drive. Steve & I have our sights on a convertible one in the near future too but I likely will not sell my X. Looking forward to seeing you both.

Cubby & Supa

Last edited:
Dave,

Corvettes are not as unique as XLRs. However they are not as complicated and easier to work on. If you bought one 65 years ago, you can still get parts for it. If GM doesn't offer the parts, there are many other sources emailing me with tons of offerings. I have had 6 Cadillacs with North Star Motors, and none compare to LS or LTs for performance and easy of maintenance. Cadillac should have supported XLR owners by either maintaining spare parts or releasing others to make and supply parts. I had a 1969 Mercedes Benz 280 SL for 26 years and I could buy any part from Mercedes for the car. Parts were not cheep, but I could still buy new parts for it. They maintained customer loyality and inspired customer confidence in their products. Cadillac dropped the ball and doesn't care.

Dave

I agree with you Dave, but it's par for the course with Cadillac. They also abandoned the Allante owners after production ceased. Tough to build brand loyalty when you don't support your current customers, and are only looking to get new customers. They are already talking about ending production on the CTS and ATS models. It's one of the reasons I chose the Corvette, rather than another V Cadillac that is bound to be discontinued! Since my CTS-V coupe has an LS variant engine, I'll most likely keep it unless other parts become obsolete.

Dave,

Corvettes are not as unique as XLRs. However they are not as complicated and easier to work on. If you bought one 65 years ago, you can still get parts for it. If GM doesn't offer the parts, there are many other sources emailing me with tons of offerings. I have had 6 Cadillacs with North Star Motors, and none compare to LS or LTs for performance and easy of maintenance. Cadillac should have supported XLR owners by either maintaining spare parts or releasing others to make and supply parts. I had a 1969 Mercedes Benz 280 SL for 26 years and I could buy any part from Mercedes for the car. Parts were not cheep, but I could still buy new parts for it. They maintained customer loyality and inspired customer confidence in their products. Cadillac dropped the ball and doesn't care.

Dave

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back