Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

MECUM KCMO

M

Mark0polo

Sitting in KCMO and just saw 2004 XLR go for $16,000. 52,000 miles approximate miles. Good crowd, only XLR I’ve seen so far.

Heading to Kansas City this weekend for another Mecum Auction event. 2 XLRs are on the docket, both are 2005 models. Black Raven and Satin Nickel for colors.
No information on mileage or ownership for either car.
Barret-Jackson already has 3 XLR-Vs listed on their preliminary docket for January. A 2006 and two 2007's are featured already.
Hope to see some XLR owners at either of these events..

these auctions are the only ones keeping the values up at all. Look at all the other sites and everything is way down in cost vs what the blue book or one of those sources says it should be worth. Lots online for top money but they are not getting sold after many months. I think Bring a trailer gets a better price for the car as both buyer and seller pay less fees.

I agree!!
The auction results from 2019 seem to say that the base models fetch about a third or a half less than the V-models do... Even with super-low miles!

Hey I have a new supercharger if you ever need one. A 4000$ part that never wears out gm made a few hundred extra of but not a headlight or taillight. HAHA

There were 3 XLR's at the Mecum auction in Kansas City. One was withdrawn and the other two sold at no reserve. 2005 Raven Black hammered at $19.2 (including 10% fees) and was in good condition with about 50,000 miles. A 2004 in Silver (can't recall actual color name) in 'fair' condition, dusty with no evidence of auction prep work or detailing (only 24,000 miles) went for $17,050 (including 10% fees).
Barrett-Jackson already has 3 V's on their early docket for January in Scottsdale. There are 5-6 other auctions in the area that week too, will research them for any XLR listings soon...

It appears Scottsdale B-J is bringing more V models to the table. Up to 6 now with a couple with very, very, low mileage 1,446mi & 4,400mi. Jan of 2019 in Scottsdale, a single 07 V InfraRed sold for $68K less the 10% commission with 40K miles for the seller ($61,200). Of course the house received an additional 10% from the buyer ($6,800). Profit for the house $13,600, not too bad. This Jan, there are 4 on Wed and 2 for Thu auction. 2-07 Black, 3-06 Silver & a 07 Blue. The outcome will be interesting with NO RESERVE. It should be a GREAT buyers market with so many Vs for sale. I feel the XLR V sold in 2019 is binging the Vs to the Scottsdale B-J auction.

Last edited:
Sold for $25K with 58K miles at Bring a Trailer.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to see how these cars sell at Barrett-Jackson! I will be there but not buying, just enjoying the action!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom