Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mirror Lights

johnpbaird

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Silver
Seems that my Mirror Lights stay on at night, can't shut the buggers off!
Are these lights supposed to stay on at night, while driving:dunno:??

No, they are not supposed to stay on. Have you pressed the button on the dash or on the mirror?

Duh,.......Yes,.....
Since you put it that way....... Yes, it is normal for the lights to stay on all the time. I'm surprised you have to ask. It is also normal to have a completely discharged battery when it comes time to start the car. The pushbutton on the dash does nothing. DUH! :(

John,

You have either pressed the button's on the lights so that they stay on or you have pressed the button on the dash that controls the interior lights. This button looks like the bottom half of the sun with a line accross it. It is located on the right side of the steering wheel. It is just above the "options" button.
What you should do is while inside your car see if the lights will go out by pressing the buttons on the mirror. The buttons should be pressed inward for the lights to be on and outward for the lights to be off. If you press the buttons and the lights stay on, then try pressing the interior lights button. If the lights go off then great. However, if the lights stay on then try depressing the buttons on the mirror. The lights should go off.

Also the map lights should never stay on during driving. This obscures one's vision, especially at night.

I hope this helps. Let us know if this resolves the issue. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back