Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My new Baby

Pavila

My XLR/V(s)
XLR-V 2009
Hello from Hamburg, Germany! I would like to introduce my new XLR-V, MJ 2009, built in 10/2008. He had one previose owner who drove him less than 9.000 miles. Means he is like new. As far as I now there are only 5 XLR-V of MJ 2009 originally sold in Europe. I searched for that one more than three years. Now he is mine :)!

Here we go:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

very beautiful car, i am sure it is more rare than ferrari, and will get alot of attention in Germany!!
looks like aftermarket exhaust ? are there any other modifications?

very beautiful car, i am sure it is more rare than ferrari, and will get alot of attention in Germany!!
looks like aftermarket exhaust ? are there any other modifications?

Are you shure about the exausts? I thought they are original.

i am not an expert on the 09... lets wait to see what someone who has an 09 V says. i know some 09's have more rectangular exhaust tips like this.
2009 Cadillac XLR Exhaust - Cadillac XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR | XLR-V Photos | Pics

but perhaps only the base model has the rectangular tips .
and the V, which you have, has the more aggressive round tips.
your system has an automatic exhaust valve that opens at higher RPM for more flow and sound.
but i dont know what tips the V would have for sure.

2009 exhaust tips

You are correct, the 09 base had the shaped rectangular exhaust. The V's came with the dual mode, 4 round exhaust tips. The outer round tip is for the "mild" muffled exhaust. The inner round tips have a pneumatic butterfly that opens them up for a virtual throughput exhaust, to reduce backpressure (and increase sound). You can install "Mild to Wild" kit to override the computer controlled system - that is what I did. This way, you can choose to have the "wild" sound whenever you want.

Much cheaper than replacing the exhaust system with aftermarket, with virtually the same result.

Here are the tips on my 09 V

DSCN1882.jpg

i am not an expert on the 09... lets wait to see what someone who has an 09 V says. i know some 09's have more rectangular exhaust tips like this.
2009 Cadillac XLR Exhaust - Cadillac XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR | XLR-V Photos | Pics

but perhaps only the base model has the rectangular tips .
and the V, which you have, has the more aggressive round tips.
your system has an automatic exhaust valve that opens at higher RPM for more flow and sound.
but i dont know what tips the V would have for sure.

You can install "Mild to Wild" kit to override the computer controlled system - that is what I did. This way, you can choose to have the "wild" sound whenever you want.

Thanks a lot for your explanations. PAK, I am very interested in this M2W kit, but got a little nervous due to several battery drain stories regarding M2W. What experiences did you make? Could you post some pictures of installation and RC? Does it work reliable?

Many thanks in advance!

Besides, I like the black cherry color of your V very much! Since you drive both, the base and the V, what are your experiences comparing these two? What are the differences in your opinion?

Sweet...

attachment.php

Pav,,,,, Very nice find, V with low mileage!

I've wondered for 50 years......why do European countries still stick with those wide license plates? I have little else to occupy my time, lol

I've wondered for 50 years......why do European countries still stick with those wide license plates? I have little else to occupy my time, lol

You are right, they are so ugly. Especially at cars like the xlr which were not made to wear one at the front. Look at this:

image.jpg

Puuh. What a pitty!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry