Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nav dvd

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I acquired a Version 8 nav disk set from an 06 v today. I know it worked in the 06 but when I put it in my 04 it just says insert nav disk. When I put my old disk back in it works fine. Is there a difference the nav disk's on an 04 and an 06v?

Cadillac used various manufactures for the Nav System so you have to make sure the disc goes with the Nav System in your vehicle. I could not switch from the SRX to the XLR. I have not tried to switch from the 09 DTS to the 06 XLR as I am pretty sure it wouldn't work.

Dave,

Make sure your car is outside when you swap out the discs so your car can get the GPS satellite signals. It may take a little bit for it to aquire the signal. After it comes in make sure you have the disc set to the right region. Hope this helps.

I acquired a Version 8 nav disk set from an 06 v today. I know it worked in the 06 but when I put it in my 04 it just says insert nav disk. When I put my old disk back in it works fine. Is there a difference the nav disk's on an 04 and an 06v?

Tried that today. Nothing works. I guess I just got bad disk's. I have some new one's coming. I'll try them.

I got the new disk's today. They worked fine in the 06. I put then in mine and nothing. It just says please insert nav disk. I put my version 3 disk and it works fine. What gives. Bruce, Any input. How could they work in an 06 and not in an 04. Any thought's?

I got the new disk's today. They worked fine in the 06. I put then in mine and nothing. It just says please insert nav disk. I put my version 3 disk and it works fine. What gives. Bruce, Any input. How could they work in an 06 and not in an 04. Any thought's?

I refer you back to post #3 of this thread. General Motors has used various manufactures for the Nav System. The disc are not interchangeable between the various manufactures and that sounds to me why you are unable to use the disc in the 04 but can in the 06. When you order a new disc they want the vin # of your vehicle so they can make sure they send you the correct disc.

Anyone interested, I’ve finally gotten to where I can make a back-up of my GM NAV DVD. It’s pretty much all about having the right DVD burner, media and some really cool software. If you would like I would be willing to make you a back-up as well. You must have a legitimate factory GM NAV disk that you could send to me, as well as the blank media. I am by no means in the business of making pirated DVD’s of copyrighted materials so if you don’t have an original don’t ask. However I believe that you are entitled to one back-up copy of a data disk that you own. For more information PM me here.
I love my XLR!! by far the best car I've ever owned.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom