Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

navigate

bills08

My XLR/V(s)
08--xlr-v
I just bought a 08 XLR-V. The navigation is stuck. The car came from Kansas,and its stuck in Kansas. i live in AZ.

Does anyone know the reason for it. It came with three disks, tried all three. Bill

Sounds like a problem with the gps receiver. It has a socket on the back of the radio for the GPS antenna. Maybe someone had the radio out for some reason and forgot to plug it back in.

Took a look at the box, all the cables are in tact. Can move the little satellite button with my fingers around to different places on the screen, when i start the car, it returns. weird..

Hey

You have to play with it. That or read the manual. There is a screen that you access that allows you to choose the North East, South East, Mid West and West Coast .... something along those lines. The way it is now, you can see limited navigation on your screen for where you physically are located . And if you type an address into it to drive to, chances are it will not be found, as it is accessing that area (region/zone) which is selected in the unit.

When you find that screen there will be an outline of the US toward the lower right of that screen . It is there you select your region/zone.

When up and running, it works well. You can get a later date update Nav Disc other than that offered by GM as late as 2015. It is a two disk set put out by Toyota. If you want I will find the place at E-Bay that sells them about 11 bucks and let you know if you want.

Bill

Last edited:
Yes, I have played with it. I called the guy who had it, of course, he told me it worked with him, but of course he was a salesman.

Yes, I have played with it. I called the guy who had it, of course, he told me it worked with him, but of course he was a salesman.
Will, i think i got it. Put another disk in. i did set it up by the instructions. Thanks Bill S..

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom