Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fullfloat

My XLR/V(s)
08 XLR
Hi all, new member here. Have my 08 black on black for about a year now. Pretty sure I love it more than my kids. But not the wife since she is the one that bought it for me. Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone here know that this forum is much appreciated. I have already saved a few dollars, most recent dealing with the trunk struts.
Just got back from Europe and haven’t driven the car for about a month, and the battery needed replacing. Once done I noticed a new message. Service AFS lamps. Does anyone know anything about this? All advice is welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Rob
You will find suggested her to keave the car on a battery tender to keep it topped off if you go a week or more without driving it. As fas as the lights thats a new one to ne. Have you driven it and observed if the lights are adjusted oroperly and move on hills and curves? If not we can help find your problem.

Welcome aboard!!!!!

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I’ve taken it through the paces and all works except, the high beam only works on passenger side. Is this normal? And if not could it set the Service AFS lamps message?

No not normal and yes it can set a code .it may be work to fix it. I sent you a pm so we can discuss what you need to check.

Glad to meet you and to see you're getting some answers to your problems. I also own a black on black 08. The use of a battery tender is a good one! These cars seem to have a lot of battery drain when sitting.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom