Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need diagram for hydraulic lines for top

TOM 2006 XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2006 BLACK RAVEN XLR
I’m replacing 2 hydraulic hose from my top cylinder by the front latch. i need to know the way the correct way the lines from the pump to that cylinder. Can anyone help with this ?

Hi Tom,
Either start by removing the headliner and scoping out the path or vice-versa from the pump:

Basically, the front latch lines run across the back of the car towards the passenger side, just underneath the trunk latch mechanism etc. From there they travel along in a bundle with I believe the valance cover cylinder lines, then head upwards via the passenger side 'B' pillar.

Wisest thing I could suggest would be to rid of the headliner and trunk carpet, the plastic over the trunk latch mechanisim, and the right side trunk carpet / liner thingy. It will be time consuming and you will need some patience.

Take some pictures or make some sketches - really wise would be to pull the new lines through using the old ones - you'll need to snip or loosen some tie-wraps of course.

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

I’m replacing 2 hydraulic hose from my top cylinder by the front latch. i need to know the way the correct way the lines from the pump to that cylinder. Can anyone help with this ?

Hi Tom
In order to support Gord's help for your XLR, find attached 3 photos that could answer to your request.

You will find also a retractable repair shop that you can solicitate, he also produce on eBay many video about this top problems.

Enjoy the seeing.

IAN:wave:

A3 0309266Y14-007[1].jpgA9    cadillacxlrdiagram[1].jpgja1  TOP   hqdefault[3] (7).jpg

Fantastic Ian, thanks - merci! :thumbsup

Tom, don't follow my 'directional' instructions as I guess mine is substantially different from yours. Being 2004 #67 (one of the earliest built and still functioning), well, mine does run the lines as I described, which is substantially different from the diagram Ian has provided.

It did strike me as a bit of a 'long way around' (I was kind of in there today as a matter of fact), and now seeing the diagram, I can only speculate that GM decided to run the lines up the driver's side rather than do the cross-over and back thing.

Something new every day!

Gord :)

Hi Gord.

If your car is the #67 an early build XLR, is it possible that this 2004 was available in summer 2003 and produced in the same year.

If so, you are an owner of a XLR, that when comes the time to call it a collectible car, your XLR could have a fine value.

875 XLR were sold in 2003 ( 2004 models ??? ) and your car could be part of these sold XLR.

The VIN could tell.

IAN:thumbsup

Hi Ian,
Yes, it's in the registry and it's a 'captured test fleet' car. 2004 Cadillac
XLR - 1G6YV34A045600067 - Cadillac XLR Registry

We could quite certainly deduce that it made it out the factory door and in to the hands of someone, around the middle of 2003. :)

So far as being collectible...well, sadly I didn't buy it to collect. I bought it to play with and enjoy and lots of the modifications I am doing or plan to do will devalue it because of not being 'original'. I'm okay with that - the pastime of playing with things keeps me out of trouble...most of the time. ;) :thumbsup

I'm new to this game. I love my car although the day I brought it home the Top wouldn't go down and the trunk wouldn't go up... I bought it and they told me it was in "mint condition". from a dealer that has been around for 20 years.. I reckon the #67 means your XLR was the 67th one made? How are you able to find those numbers? And How would I know if mine was one of the 875 XLR's? I didn't buy it for that reason.

My last four digits were 1875... :( lol

Hi,
Well there you are - yours should have been the 1875th built or pretty close to it. I don't know 100% (anyone?), but I don't think the assembly line is absolute. Rob's registry has build dates and such and I'd suspect the source of his info must be pretty good considering the amount of detail.

Gord :thumbsup

Hy utdawg

Sounds that your car is a 2004, the following image shows of how to read a VIN.

IAN:wave:

@   VIN_Graphic-870x333[1].jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry