Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Need Suspension Control Module

heggstrom

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Need GM part #10348979. Cannot find a new one or a used one. Warranty will pay $1065.95 for a new one (MSRP) and maybe a used one if priced close to msrp and I make up the difference. I would also consider sending the module to someone who can repair it. It was a victim of water that did not drain out the clogged tube.

Thank you. I saw this listing and was hoping to find one at msrp. This person is almost asking double, so I kind of expected that.
Jeff

If you research that seller many have had major problems with him. He likes to sell on ebay then cancel and have you buy direct offering cheaper sale but without the protection and feedback from ebay.. his 100% feedback is bogus as most of his sales or direct and even the negatives he gets removed somehow. Ask around from people who have bought cars or parts from them before you spend that much money .
. Check with j and j or elite auto. they get them and treat the forum people well on purchases. I don't believe your company can make that choose on how much they will pay based on a year old list price on a part that is discontinued. Insurance companies pays way over list for used headlights because the market sets the value as to what people will pay. Just tell your insurance to find you one for than and you will be glad to order it. Replacement value is usually replacement cost new or replacement cost less depreciation if its for a part that has a life and wears out or acv actual cash value of a like kind and quality part. in this case 1600-2000

Also make sure your mechanic pulls the top module and makes sure its dry before any power is applied to it .If your suspension module went out from water leaking in at the trunk the top module may also be bad. 90% of the time when one goes they both go on 04,05 . They fixed the suspension modules in 06 to a better unit that is somewhat sealed. He needs to pull it and open it up to inspect for moisture instead of just seeing if the top works .

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. I will not buy from that guy. I will contact J and J and elite auto on Monday if they have them. If they do, I will contact my service guy and let him know one is available and he can tell the warranty company to either pay for it or they can find a new one. I will also ask him to have the other module checked for water damage too. I can consider yours too if you have it available in the future. Otherwise, I will just keep looking until ?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom