Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New guy! I just bought a 2004 XLR Raven Black!!!

Welcome to the net and congratulations on your purchase. You need to post pictures so we can see your new ride. I think you made an excellent choice. There is nothing that looks better than black when it is shined up. ( I also have a 2004 Black Raven. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new guy

welcome new guy. I luv this forum and you will to they show alot of luv.:)

Welcome to the best site around Floridian friend. I'm up in the northern Florida area. The oldest city in the country.

Last edited:
Welcome Luckybugger3, love the name! Sounds like a great find!

I am currently in Florida too (snowbird, gulf side, North Port FL) are you anywhere near?

A couple things to consider. Every so often open your trunk using the emergency key. This way you know that the key area will not have any problems. You should've received a torque wrench or driver with the car. This is encase you have power failure and get stuck in a rain storm. Check regularly after rain storms in the trunk and trunk well area for and dampness or soakage. Check the left storage area in the trunk because if that gets wet the the whole car will have problems. This area is the "brains" of the car. Occasionally go around and check the weatherstrip areas where the quarter windows meet the car body. Also what somepeople have done is they have bought a "walk brick" at the BG corvette museum. Since this is where the car was made
be3u8y9u.jpg

So this is just some of the concerns that I have had personally. Others too on the site. But all in all just familiarize yourself with your great "head turner" ride. Be ready to answer lots of questions about these cars. You'll be asked is this a new car? What kind of car is that? Do they still produce this car? And what a cool ride?

Congrats on a low mileage find, and welcome to the site. The tips above should be on page 1 of the owners manual.
Bruce

Congratulations & Welcome !! :wave:

It astounds me how our vehicles continue to be found with so few miles on them! After 3 years of ownership I still look forward to the next opportunity to put her on the road.
Enjoy your new ride !! :rocker:

Yes indeed. Low mileage finds are really great. As for me and my ride. I purchase mine back 2 yrs ago. She only had 20758 miles on her and what a great color mine is. It's the deep red (infrared). Even when she's a little dirty, from a distance she looks sparkling clean. I now am just getting ready to turn 30k,in a few hundred miles.
Also I take her to cruise ins and getting ready for my first real car show.
y7uvu7ud.jpg

Like a bunch of us here have done, we have made up some business cards I just have a pic of my card, this website name and my email address. I just got done with a poster board for the car cruise ins and shows.
4ary4uqy.jpg

Oh and before I forget. Unless someone has already brought this up. Be sure to add your car to the registry. Just log in on the site then find the registry button. Click on that and add your info

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome aboard!!!! :cool:

Welcome to the best site around Floridian friend. I'm up in the northern Florida area. The oldest city in the country.

Hey, Hawkeye, you might want to check with the residents of Acoma ("AH ko ma"), New Mexico. Think they have you beaten by at least a few hundred (maybe well over a thousand) years.

:chuckle

Tim

Wow, really low miles. Vey cool!

Welcome aboard! --- Ignore Tim in Pueblo West though. Even if he is correct. :wave: St Augustine is a beautiful and still functioning city --- Oh, Hi Tim! :chuckle

Old Home Week

Welcome aboard! --- Ignore Tim in Pueblo West though. Even if he is correct. :wave: St Augustine is a beautiful and still functioning city --- Oh, Hi Tim! :chuckle

Oh, Hi, Skip. :wave:

Not many folks give Acoma much credit for being "beautiful", but it's been lived in a long (!) time. The Acoma people are very proud of their heritage. I know; for 5 years, I lived on the Laguna Indian Reservation, which is adjacent to the Acoma Reservation. Their ancestors lived in the area for thousands of years before ol' Christopher Columbus "sailed the ocean blue". Visiting the Acoma "Sky City" Pueblo is a great way to spend a day (wouldn't want to live there :chuckle ).

CNC, where do you live in Colorado? Where are you from in Minnesota?

Tim

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back