Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Key Fob

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
When we bought our XLR last year, I replaced the #1 fob as it was so worn. The #2 fob was almost like new. After a year of use the #2 fob looks like it's been run over by a M1 Abrams. Rubber worn down, starting to chip off. I've read several posts here about getting the new style fobs (08/09 models) for earlier year XLRs. I bit the bullet and ordered a new 08/09 factory fob with the Caddy emblem on the back last week and it arrived yesterday. Today got the TechII out, and programmed the new remote to the XLR. And it works!! I didn't get the key insert for it till I knew for sure that the remote would pair properly.

When we bought our XLR last year, I replaced the #1 fob as it was so worn. The #2 fob was almost like new. After a year of use the #2 fob looks like it's been run over by a M1 Abrams. Rubber worn down, starting to chip off. I've read several posts here about getting the new style fobs (08/09 models) for earlier year XLRs. I bit the bullet and ordered a new 08/09 factory fob with the Caddy emblem on the back last week and it arrived yesterday. Today got the TechII out, and programmed the new remote to the XLR. And it works!! I didn't get the key insert for it till I knew for sure that the remote would pair properly.

I did that also. I like the fact you can keep the key stowed inside the fob! I know they used to have blank keys I guess they still sell them. I purchased online a cheap but nice thin rubber silicone case that slides over the fob to help protect it.
I noticed last evening my fob didn't work, so used my wife's, then changed the battery this morning now it works great! I always have a few spare batteries on hand even a extra in the car just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back