Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Member: Gord - Montreal, Canada, '04 #67

Gord

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 #67
Hi all,
Figured as I'm the latest owner of #67 I should signup and say howdy. Howdy!

I've acquired #67 from Darren (if anyone could update the registry, by all means), and it's lovely. I'm thoroughly impressed with this thing called a XLR - like, thoroughly. There's a few little bugs to work out but it's obviously been well cared for throughout its life, which by the way, started in Wisconsin and then Maryland and New Jersey.

Here's a Q while I'm typing: does anyone know how many of the pre-production cars with numbers lower than mine are still alive? The registry hints to it of course but it would be really cool to actually hear from any other owners.

Oh, and the bastadges gouging for headlights or DRL lenses on eBay - well, if you're here take note: I'll make my own and give 'em away to others for free before I'll ever buy from you. You should really be ashamed.

<sigh> Okay, there we go, that's off my chest, so greetings to all and no, the XLR will never see snow, I can guarantee you of that. :thumbsup

Gord :)</sigh>

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net!

Unfortunately, there really is no way to tell how many of the pre-production XLRs are currently registered and on the road.

Welcome and congratulations graytoad is some where up in the northern cold country too. But she winters down south somewhere. Sometimes they leave the xlr and sometimes she brings it to her winter home away from the nasty white stuff. She might be joining us down in Mt Dora for a xlr allante show weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Rob, thanks Hawkeye, and an additional thanks to Rob I'll guess for the database update. :)

Interesting regarding 'greytoad' - that's most wise of her to abandon ship and head south for wintertime. I'd be lying if I didn't say there was a time I really looked forward to the snow but let's write that off to youth and stupidity. Now it's simply the season to either get right down to an indoor project (hence the XLR) or as per greytoad... flee anywhere that's warmer! :D

I really do enjoy the registry and here's hoping I may contribute to it in my travels. There's a handful I've seen on their way to wreckers by means of web searches so I should really make a point to record their numbers to perhaps fill in some blanks.

Around here, say within a hundred mile circle, the XLR is exceptionally rare. A relatively new business colleague has an '06 V and this summer I did see another V advertised for sale albeit briefly and with little to no mileage and an exceptionally high asking price. No idea if s/he gave up selling or actually sold it. Other than that, I think a nationwide (Canada) search might turn up maybe 15 for sale in total.

Great site, great information so a real sincere thanks to all!

Gord

greetings fellow Canadian!

Hi Gord,
It is Graytoad, not greytoad but my friends call me Sandy! I live in the Hamilton Ontario area and there is another local guy on this forum, also 'Gord' and goes by Bakertech on the forum.

We winter in Port Charlotte Florida where my XLR currently sits - patiently waiting for my return. Unfortunately my hubby Steve had 'fast advancing' cataracts that left his vision so bad last winter he 'took himself' off the road in March so when it was time to come home to Ontario at the end of April he could not drive. We had planned to drive both my XLR and our 61 Olds wagon home from Florida but due to his lack of safe vision I could only drive one. The inaugural Ontario Oldsmobile Nationals was being held on our property and the 61 wagon was our only Olds (at the time) so the XLR had to be left behind. :( very sad.

Anyway, I know you are enjoying your XLR. I am sure you will also encounter people wondering if it is a new model of Cadillac's as the XLRS are so rare here in Canada. Have fun, drive safe, and I hope we meet someday! :burnout:

Sandy G

PS: what colour is your XLR, and how about posting some photos!<strike></strike>

Last edited:

Hi Gord,
It is Graytoad, not greytoad but my friends call me Sandy! I live in the Hamilton Ontario area and there is another local guy on this forum, also 'Gord' and goes by Bakertech on the forum.

We winter in Port Charlotte Florida where my XLR currently sits - patiently waiting for my return. Unfortunately my hubby Steve had 'fast advancing' cataracts that left his vision so bad last winter he 'took himself' off the road in March so when it was time to come home to Ontario at the end of April he could not drive. We had planned to drive both my XLR and our 61 Olds wagon home from Florida but due to his lack of safe vision I could only drive one. The inaugural Ontario Oldsmobile Nationals was being held on our property and the 61 wagon was our only Olds (at the time) so the XLR had to be left behind. :( very sad.

Anyway, I know you are enjoying your XLR. I am sure you will also encounter people wondering if it is a new model of Cadillac's as the XLRS are so rare here in Canada. Have fun, drive safe, and I hope we meet someday! :burnout:

Sandy G

PS: what colour is your XLR, and how about posting some photos!<strike></strike>

Sorry sandy I guess it autocorrected the spelling. I changed it now and will pay more attention in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sandy and a hi to Steve!
Very nice to 'meet' you so to say - ah, the wonders of the internet. :)

That's a fine stable of cars you own and leaving the XLR in Florida for some time will no doubt make returning all that much more worthwhile I bet.

Hope Steve is doing okay and perhaps got the operations for the cataracts done? I recall some time past, a relative had the same and it did take some time but after getting 'tuned up', was most content for having done so.

Thanks regarding my XLR and I most certainly agree with you regarding rarity here. I find it's remarkable how a car designed somewhere around '02, still looks so unique and as you mention, very 'current' with today's offerings. It does receive lots of stares and double-takes and even in the short time I've had it out and visible to the public, two "would you mind if I take some pictures?", which is of course quite flattering and inspiring. Darren and any other previous owners obviously cherished it and cared for it exceptionally well.

Very much a 'likewise' to Steve and yourself with having fun and driving, and most certainly a ditto regarding meeting someday. Here's hoping it will be under warm and sunny skies. I shall indeed get to some picture taking and the colour is (so I'm told), the somewhat rare "Thunder Gray".

Thanks again Sandy!

Gord :)

Welcome !

Hi Gord,

Welcome to The XLR Site. Great cars and great people here. Hi to another 'Cousin From The Frozen Tundra'. :rolleyes: I should talk. Right now we have 8" of new snow and it's 10* This year here in Colorado, summer was cancelled, kind of. We went from winter to Fourth of July before it warmed up. So we had July, August and September, only. Then on October 10th it turned cold and has stayed there. And has snowed, and snowed, and snowed some more. So Gold Beauty is again ensconced in the warm garage under her very soft car cover. ;) I go out and start her every other day, and move her tires a bit and run The AC, etc.

Enjoy! And again, Welcome!

Hi Sandy :wave: --- Shirley sends her greetings! Sorry to hear of Steve's Cataract Surgery needs. Say Hi! --- Was that you in Utah with The Olds Coupe in tow posted elsewhere on this site? --- So hello again from your friends here in Colorado. And, yes, we did get married when we were five. :thumbsup

Last edited:
Hi CNC, and thanks for the warm welcome.

I have family out in southern Alberta and while there was a summer, it certainly wasn't normal according to them. Over here...no great complaints, but ask me tomorrow as there's supposed to be a deluge on its way. :(

I'm somewhat okay with that: I don't have to shovel it and I'm on high ground - perhaps most importantly, the garage (*and* treasured contents) are on high ground too. :thumbsup

Thanks again and best wishes!

We Are Also On High Ground : )

Hi CNC, and thanks for the warm welcome.

I have family out in southern Alberta and while there was a summer, it certainly wasn't normal according to them. Over here...no great complaints, but ask me tomorrow as there's supposed to be a deluge on its way. :(

I'm somewhat okay with that: I don't have to shovel it and I'm on high ground - perhaps most importantly, the garage (*and* treasured contents) are on high ground too. :thumbsup

Thanks again and best wishes!

Best Wishes back to you! Our "high ground' is 7,600 ft. above sea level at our house, yet the white stuff still 'accumulates'. :rolleyes: And I do have to shovel it, some.

If you ever want to know what's headed your way, weather wise in Montreal, let me know because it hits here first then the Jet Stream carry's it North East into your neck of the woods.

Again, Welcome! ;)
PS. Alberta is a really beautiful area as is Montreal.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom