Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

ALABAMA XLR V

My XLR/V(s)
08 Raven Black/ Ebony XLR/V
Just wanted to say hello name is Mark Ragsdale, I have been in the automotive trade since the mid 60's ( I know I am a old man):cool: have to many cars to include the 08 Black Raven XLR V 0394 I picked up last month, a great driving auto. I do all my own maintenance to include paint and body.

XLR V (2).jpgXLR V (7).jpgIMG_20160612_155710716.jpgXLR V (3).jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the zoo Mark. You're gonna enjoy the car and this forum. Everything you need to know is available here.:wave:

Welcome! Awesome car! When my 04 grows up she wants to be a V!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Greetings Mark, Glade to hear that you purchased your XLR. I am still a new member myself. A 09 Crystal Red. Enjoy your new ride.

Welcome aboard! Hope this "heat dome" isn't putting too much of a crimp in your top-down driving (it is mine)!

I must ask my standard question for new owners. How many miles on your new dream machine?

Mark
Big welcome. Glad to see you have the fasts color out there. I own a 06 V (Raven black)and like the car better than any I've ever owned. This forum is the place to be if you own one of these GM cast offs. You can find invaluable info on these cars in this forum. Parts are one of the biggest problems as GM pretty much abandoned the XLR. If you find you really like the car (you will) a tech 2 and the GM maintenance books are a must if you do your own work.
V Happy :thumbsup

I must ask my standard question for new owners. How many miles on your new dream machine?
The car has 46000 miles on it never had any paint work. Since I have had it new Pirelli tires and much detail work we have put on about 1000 mi
since we purchased car. I am a firm believer in driving them.

The car has 46000 miles on it never had any paint work. Since I have had it new Pirelli tires and much detail work we have put on about 1000 mi
since we purchased car. I am a firm believer in driving them.

Greetings from Ol Timr, The 09 has 18200 miles. Still like new...I got it back in late Feb. 2016...:)

Mark
Big welcome. Glad to see you have the fasts color out there. I own a 06 V (Raven black)and like the car better than any I've ever owned. This forum is the place to be if you own one of these GM cast offs. You can find invaluable info on these cars in this forum. Parts are one of the biggest problems as GM pretty much abandoned the XLR. If you find you really like the car (you will) a tech 2 and the GM maintenance books are a must if you do your own work.
V Happy :thumbsup
V Happy glad to be here, I have several hand held scanners and computer programs, having been in the trade for years and building numerous custom cars I am familiar with modern electronics and hydraulics to include fuel injection, turbo and supercharging. I am a car guy from way back and love a good challenge. The XLR V is a very nice driving car with the only draw back being some parts availability.

Greetings from Ol Timr, The 09 has 18200 miles. Still like new...I got it back in late Feb. 2016...:)
I was looking for a 09 but couldn't find the right one then found this one in my back yard so to speak and made the deal!:)

NOT a garage Queen,,,,,,,,,,,,

"I am a firm believer in driving them"

:thumbsup Good to see a guy who drives his autos!

WELCOME to the website ........... ENJOY the ride!

A happy car is a driven car! I saw an article about a guy who bought one of the first ZR1's made in the '90's & had a climate controlled garage built for it, & put 10 miles on it driving it home. Other than that it had just been sitting. If it's possible to feel sorry for a car .... I felt sorry for that one!

A happy car is a driven car! I saw an article about a guy who bought one of the first ZR1's made in the '90's & had a climate controlled garage built for it, & put 10 miles on it driving it home. Other than that it had just been sitting. If it's possible to feel sorry for a car .... I felt sorry for that one!

Many folks did something similar with the 02-05 Tbirds thinking they had made a great investment. BOY WERE THEY WRONG!!

Many folks did something similar with the 02-05 Tbirds thinking they had made a great investment. BOY WERE THEY WRONG!!
I really wanted one of those retro birds when the first came out. Dealers tacking on up to $10000 turned me off as it did a lot of other prospective buyers. Later we bought an 04 in Jan 06 at a reasonable price. Drove it until last October when it got traded in on our XLR

Welcome : ) Beautiful Car

Nice looking XLR and a 'V' to boot. ;) Have done some cruising in mine locally this summer, but not a lot. While we can have brutal winters, summers here are usually cool. What stinks is at this altitude you loose about -20% of your H.P. due to the thin air. A lot of folks on some of the older tech cars will raise their compression ratios as high as 14:1. Thinner air, squeeze it harder. OK until they were to drive to sea level. It is an issue.

Welcome.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back