Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Owner 2006 XLR-V Light Platinum

inkeeper3

My XLR/V(s)
2006 light platinum XLR-V
Hey All, I am the proud new owner of an 06 XLR-V. Mileage is at 42,525 and I hope to keep the miles low - it's really hard. Such a magnificent and artistic piece of machinery. I look forward to using this forum as a great resource. I've been through the owner's manual a couple of times and still don't have all the features down yet. I am a Cadillac aficionado.... the stable is down to 3 at the moment. 1976 Eldorado convertible 76K miles, 1970 Deville convertible 85K miles and the XLR -V. I have had others but have to say that the XLR-V is one unique vehicle. I have had Corvettes in my time also but the "V" feels like a civilized man's sports car. I look forward to chatting with you.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. I think you will find folks to be very helpful here. Be sure to check out the Events forum. The get-togethers are one of the best parts of this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the best dang XLR Forum on the Internet where people and our cars connect. I know about the feeling of keeping the miles low I purchased my (Roxy) in March of 2011 with 53k with same intentions.... well she just turned over 94k so good luck at trying! Hell you only live once so go topless an enjoy! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings New Member, Have fun with your new '06 XLR.. Enjoy the ride. The Ol Timr....:thumbsup

Congratulations! Next month will be two years since I purchased my ebony 06 XLR V. I've managed to only put about 9000 miles on it and the two years that It's been splitting daily driver duties with my Rubicon. Outside of issues with the power top mechanism, the radiator and the cd changer (all replaced under warranty) it been amazingly trouble free.

There are lots of great people and wonderful wisdom on this forum. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
October 3rd is the 1st anniversary of our purchase. It has been an enjoyable year. Few hiccups along the way. New radiator within 1 month of purchase (warranty covered), shift cable December '15, and a repair to the driver seat leather.
We traded in a 2004 Thunderbird. After the newness wore off, I didn't care to drive it, even with the top down. It was rather cheesy interior.
If I could only get the passenger side seat cooler working I'd be happy. Haven't really fooled with it however.

We've gotten more comments about the XLR in a year than the 9 years we had the T-Bird

Hey All, I am the proud new owner of an 06 XLR-V. Mileage is at 42,525 and I hope to keep the miles low - it's really hard. Such a magnificent and artistic piece of machinery. I look forward to using this forum as a great resource. I've been through the owner's manual a couple of times and still don't have all the features down yet. I am a Cadillac aficionado.... the stable is down to 3 at the moment. 1976 Eldorado convertible 76K miles, 1970 Deville convertible 85K miles and the XLR -V. I have had others but have to say that the XLR-V is one unique vehicle. I have had Corvettes in my time also but the "V" feels like a civilized man's sports car. I look forward to chatting with you.

Welcome! Cool to know you have a '70 Caddy, I had a '70 Coupe DeVille hardtop that got me started on Caddies & turned me into "a Cadillac aficionado," also had a '84 Eldorado hard top. As far as I'm concerned you have great taste!

Don't worry about the miles, be sure you enjoy that XLR-V!

Welcome! Cool to know you have a '70 Caddy, I had a '70 Coupe DeVille hardtop that got me started on Caddies & turned me into "a Cadillac aficionado," also had a '84 Eldorado hard top. As far as I'm concerned you have great taste!

Don't worry about the miles, be sure you enjoy that XLR-V!

Greetings to all, I am now down 1 on my cars. Just sold my 97 Cadillac Eldro. It had 66,805 miles on it & stilled looked like Brand New. Hated to see it drive off. Now all of my other cars has a garage to sit under at night & in rain as today.. Still enjoy driving the XLR the best, then the T-Bird and the Ram Daytona. Happy motoring to all of you..:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom