Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Owner

rocket83402

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR, Crimson Red
Hello. I am the proud owner of a 06 XLR Crimson Red. Love the car. Got it just about a year ago. Crummy weather in Idaho so she stays in the Garage until nicer weather.
Kinda scares the hell out of me seeing what it cost to fix ANYTHING on this car. Lucky so far, no issues. So fun to drive. Wanted one since they came out. Only one around that I know of. Gets the looks for sure.
Look forward to many years of enjoyment...:)

WELCOME TO THE BEST PLACE TO BE TO LEARN ABOUT AND ENJOY THESES UNIQUE RIDES
GREAT PEOPLE..EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE BASE FOR HELP.......ALL ENTHUSIASTS
THE ANGST OVER COST OF REPAIRS AND PARTS....THE INABILITY TO GET PARTS..THE ELECTRICAL DEMONS THAT SEEM TO STRIKE AT TIMES SOMEHOW DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU START THE ENGINE UP..PUT THE TOP DOWN AND GET OUT THERE AND JUST DRIVE...

Welcome to the best forum. Yes When I got mine luckily I purchased a extended warranty. The warranty paid out over 16 k of parts and labor. But right now the warranty expired a couple years ago so now everything is on me. So far no major issues. But had to replace the radiator. It had a hole in the pipe. Then replace 4 shocks. But only one was at the point of no return. Those were the major issues so far. Congratulations on your new purchase. I’ve had my 06 since 2012.
362006f0eb00ecebd0a5aa35a828b90c.jpg
my mom and I went down to a local show here in Florida. It was with both allante and xlrs. Had a blast. I’ve had the car in several shows and won some awards local 2 hrs or less of driving time from my place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group and I am glad you are enjoying your ride. I will be driving through your city in the next 10 days and I know you will not be out cruising around.
John F.

Welcome to the world of the XLR and this awesome forum! Made many great friends and meant many car enthusiasts over the years by way of the amazing looking XLR!!! We purchased her March of 2011 when she had 53k miles and now has been driven to 103k. Some of us have named our rides and our is named Roxy, she’s Light Platinum Silver with Cashmere & Shale interior! We live in south central PA area so Roxy’s in storage here too over the winter months! So enjoy your ride when the spring time weather breaks, and warmer temps move in, as we do here too!

Welcome Aboard ! : )

Please post some pictures of your 06' when you can. I think your 'crummy weather is similar to our crummy weather'. We were supposed to have a mild winter this year. NOT! It turned bitter cold in late October and has stayed there with lots of snow since. So "Gold Beauty" still sleeps in the garage under her very soft car cover. Start her up every other day, hold her in gear to move trans fluid, run the AC, check her tires and move a bit, etc. --- Eventually (probably June?) we'll have some nice XLR weather.

Again, welcome!

Thank you
Yes the weather has been awful. Got snow yesterday around 8 inches so she stays nice and warm in the garage under her cover. I did put a few pictures in my garage but haven't figured out how to put them in my profile yet. Ill get it.
I have wanted one since they came out but was way beyond reach. Was able to get the build sheet for it from the administrator. Was 78k when new. wow. Can you imagine what today's cost would be?
Scares me when I see what prices are for replacement parts. Been lucky so far. My lights are burned (running) but no way i would shell out 2,500 for new light assembly's so will have to do for now.
Is a blast to drive so makes me smile every time I get to drive her.
Again thanks for the welcome. I look forward to lots of fun this summer..:)

If you have an Android or iPhone get the Tapatalk App for this forum, you will love it, load pictures with snap and keeps you up to date with forum too!
9231617df91ec7c27d3f9706f7af251b.jpg
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Minor issue Rocket83402. The color for 06 XLR is InfraRed, not Crimson Red. By the way, InfraRed is the best color in the fleet.

Hmmm? Could "Gold Mist" be the best color in the fleet? Or could it have 2nd best color? Actually, I have always thought that the "InfraRed" is simply gorgeous! Stunning! Very close to a Candy Apple Red of past years. :thumbsup

Minor issue Rocket83402. The color for 06 XLR is InfraRed, not Crimson Red. By the way, InfraRed is the best color in the fleet.
Yes I found that out after I posted it. Infrared is a stunning color and looks awesome with the spray wax I use in summer. Sure gets the looks. She is all covered up in the garage as roads are closed and over a foot of snow and 40 mph winds at home. Got out of town before they closed. In Sacramento now. Wish I had my XLR now...Have a great week
Rocket

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back