Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New to XLR Net (Looking for opinions)

dmallory

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR Limited Edition Passion Red
Hi everyone, my name is Dustin. I came across the site earlier and thought it was the perfect place to get some opinions.

Two years ago after my mother passed, my siblings and I inherited her 2007 XLR Passion Red Edition. It is number 165 out of the 250 made. It was a one owner vehicle. I was actually with my mom when she bought it. The car is in superb condition. It has always been stored in a heated and air conditioned garage. I believe the last time I checked the mileage was around 3,750 miles.

For the past several months we have talked about the future of the car and what we should do with it. We are not in any rush to sell or keep really and this may sound funny, but we are really looking to do whats best for the car. Right now it sits in my garage with no one driving it. To keep the seals good and battery live I try to take it out at least once a month for a 10 to 15 mile drive. When I say the car is in perfect condition, I mean PERFECT condition. This thing has never even seen a drop of rain. It has always been hand washed my a mobile car wash company here in town. We have all the paperwork that came with the car including cd's, owners manual, window sticker, sales receipt and a few other misc items. All the material is still sealed in its original plastic. Even a couple of the floor mats are still in plastic unopened. The car has a factory cover that I put on it after driving so to minimize the amount of dust the car sees. Like I said above, we're really trying to think of what the best thing for the car would be. It's a little bittersweet seeing her sit idle with no one really driving it.

My question is, I would really just like to get some fellow owners opinions on what they think the best thing to do with it would be. Just playing around on the site for a few minutes it looks like these cars actually have quite a little following. As far as value goes, I would be interested to see what others think something like this may be worth. If anyone is interested I can snap some photos with my phone and upload them so you can actually see how beautiful the car really is.

Thanks in advance for anyone's opinion, I look forward to playing around on the site a little more!!
Dustin

Dustin,

Welcome to the XLR Net. Make sure you check out the XLR Registry here and if possible, submit your mom's car:

Cadillac XLR Net | Cadillac XLR Registry

We already have #166 in the system.

I'll let the more experienced XLR Netters respond to your questions.

-Rob

Your location says NE. Where you at in NE? If your close to Lincoln, PM me, maybe I can help.

Chad

Dustin,

Welcome to the site. First my condolences of your mothers passing. You have inherited a very unique car! If there is no desire by any of you to keep the car, I would say list it for sale. Unfortunately the value of these cars in my opinion have not kept up with what they should be. 2007 XLR's range in price from $32,000 up to $43,000. Having a very low mileage, limited edition Passion Red XLR, in my opinion should command a price reaching $45,000. There is currently a Passion Red listed on cars.com with 5,400 miles asking $43,800. Having all the items you list and having maintenance records of the vehicle will command a higher price. Whatever your decision, I wish you the best of luck with such a fine car!

Hi everyone, my name is Dustin. I came across the site earlier and thought it was the perfect place to get some opinions.

Two years ago after my mother passed, my siblings and I inherited her 2007 XLR Passion Red Edition. It is number 165 out of the 250 made. It was a one owner vehicle. I was actually with my mom when she bought it. The car is in superb condition. It has always been stored in a heated and air conditioned garage. I believe the last time I checked the mileage was around 3,750 miles.

For the past several months we have talked about the future of the car and what we should do with it. We are not in any rush to sell or keep really and this may sound funny, but we are really looking to do whats best for the car. Right now it sits in my garage with no one driving it. To keep the seals good and battery live I try to take it out at least once a month for a 10 to 15 mile drive. When I say the car is in perfect condition, I mean PERFECT condition. This thing has never even seen a drop of rain. It has always been hand washed my a mobile car wash company here in town. We have all the paperwork that came with the car including cd's, owners manual, window sticker, sales receipt and a few other misc items. All the material is still sealed in its original plastic. Even a couple of the floor mats are still in plastic unopened. The car has a factory cover that I put on it after driving so to minimize the amount of dust the car sees. Like I said above, we're really trying to think of what the best thing for the car would be. It's a little bittersweet seeing her sit idle with no one really driving it.

My question is, I would really just like to get some fellow owners opinions on what they think the best thing to do with it would be. Just playing around on the site for a few minutes it looks like these cars actually have quite a little following. As far as value goes, I would be interested to see what others think something like this may be worth. If anyone is interested I can snap some photos with my phone and upload them so you can actually see how beautiful the car really is.

Thanks in advance for anyone's opinion, I look forward to playing around on the site a little more!!
Dustin

Sorry to hear about your Mom

Hi Dustin,

I agree with Cubby. Accurate information as to the car's value. They are rare and getting even more so as time goes forward. As far as maintining the vehicle you are presently doing pretty much what should be done. If you are under no compulsion to sell it presenty, why not just keep it? It's only going to go up in value in my opinion.

Thank you for the info/opinions guys. After much discussion we have decided that it would be best to sell the car to someone who would enjoy it more so than we currently are. It's a shame to see such a gorgeous car just sit in a garage all covered up. While it is bittersweet, we believe its right thing to do. In the near future I plan to list the car for sale on here to see if we get any interested bites. Again thanks for the info and help!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom