Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New wheels

Silver Bullet

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
Finally ordered the new wheels , on Tuesday I am hopeful to get them on over the weekend. Will post pics

New Wheels

20180223_181451.jpg

Finally got my new wheels installed .. they are lexani wheels 20x 8.5 in the front , 20 x 10 in the rear . this is right after installation , I will take more pics over the weekend .. after everything is cleaned up , ( it rained today ) , I really dig the look of these wheels .

Last edited:
New Wheels

Hi,
Good morning. Just another day in Paradise and only 19 days til Spring..... Nice wheels. I have the same year and color and just started looking for new wheels. Where did you find these? and do they have a good selection for the XLR? Thanks
Fred

Hi,
Good morning. Just another day in Paradise and only 19 days til Spring..... Nice wheels. I have the same year and color and just started looking for new wheels. Where did you find these? and do they have a good selection for the XLR? Thanks
Fred
I got the wheels from a local rim shop ( ordered ) however prior to purchasing the wheels I did lots of research as to what wheels I wanted and I found the ones I have. One of the places I checked online was carid. com they have a very good selection in varying price ranges , they also offer complete wheel & tire sets with guaranteed fitment. If I didn't get the wheels locally I was going to order through carid . I hope this helps & Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
View attachment 7789

Finally got my new wheels installed .. they are lexani wheels 20x 8.5 in the front , 20 x 10 in the rear . this is right after installation , I will take more pics over the weekend .. after everything is cleaned up , ( it rained today ) , I really dig the look of these wheels .
Glad you got your wheels. I ordered wheels from Discounted Wheels Warehouse and have received excuses but not wheels. So I researched them. F rating by better business bureau. And they charge a 20% cancellTion fee if you cancel because you never received your wheels. They answer the phone after thirty minutes and provide excuses, not wheels. They don’t answer emails or online forms. I suspect they don’t have wheels but make their money by scamming you into a cancellation fee.

You should look at the pictures on the lexani site and find a nice place to take a picture of your car with those rims. It looks better than some on their front page IMHO.

View attachment 7789

Looks GREAT! What sized tires did you go with front & rear? And do you happ
en to know the wheel offsets front & rear?

Looks GREAT! What sized tires did you go with front & rear? And do you happ
en to know the wheel offsets front & rear?
The front tire size is 245/ 40 /20
The rear tire size is 275/35/20

The offset I am unsure of , the wheels were offset according to the vehicle at the time I ordered them .

The front tire size is 245/ 40 /20
The rear tire size is 275/35/20

The offset I am unsure of , the wheels were offset according to the vehicle at the time I ordered them .
OK. Thanks!
I'm having a difficult time figuring out the right offsets to get a "flush" fitment. I'm going with staggered front to rear as well. 19x9 up front & 20x10 in the rear. Getting the proper offset is critical to the tire fitment & overall look. Vette wheel specs don't "seem" to work very well from what I'm finding so far. (Again, for a flush to the fender fitment.)

OK. Thanks!
I'm having a difficult time figuring out the right offsets to get a "flush" fitment. I'm going with staggered front to rear as well. 19x9 up front & 20x10 in the rear. Getting the proper offset is critical to the tire fitment & overall look. Vette wheel specs don't "seem" to work very well from what I'm finding so far. (Again, for a flush to the fender fitment.)
Look at CarID website. They have great wheels specific to XLRs. Mine fit flush with the fenders but I kept 18s.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OK. Thanks!
I'm having a difficult time figuring out the right offsets to get a "flush" fitment. I'm going with staggered front to rear as well. 19x9 up front & 20x10 in the rear. Getting the proper offset is critical to the tire fitment & overall look. Vette wheel specs don't "seem" to work very well from what I'm finding so far. (Again, for a flush to the fender fitment.)[/QUOTE
I had the same concerns , but when my wheels were ordered it was my understanding that the offsets were set according to the vehicle and wheel size , my wheels werent from a warehouse full of wheels or off of some other car , my wheel (offset) was custom for my car . The wheels are flush mounted and there is decent clearance in the rear . I read one reply for carid ... I didnt order my wheels from there instead I ordered them locally , so once the wheels arrived and I didnt like how they fit , I could reorder new wheels and just send the others back without a hassle , I was fortunate and very happy that the wheels fit as expected .

Got it sorted!
19x8.5 with 255/35's up front &
20x10 with 285/30' in the rear. Had to use (make) 7.5mm spacers on the rears to avoid rubbing the inner well liners.IMG_20180724_151557_818.jpg20180723_003612.jpg20180723_003320.jpg

looks good

those look really nice. did you notice the 4 door sedan in the background has almost the same wheels. HAHA

those look really nice. did you notice the 4 door sedan in the background has almost the same wheels. HAHA

Ha! Theses ar 2015 Corvette C7 Z51 wheels. They're temporary while my new wheels from Ace Alloy are being cut. Ibthink these look pretty cool though. 😊

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom