Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New XLR owner in Central Texas

mbrund

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Maroon XLR - SOLD
Hello all, I have wanted to own an XLR for many years. I ran across a 2006 with 76K miles that had a rebuilt title due to a rear end collision that took out the drivers side fender and the trunk. The repairs had already been done, and I made sure that the trunk and top operated at it should before making my offer. I got what I considered a killer deal for the year model, mileage, and rebuilt title. I just ordered a Tech 2, and downloaded the shop manuals for future as I have already had a trunk issue that I had to resolve (trunk open switch was always showing trunk in open state).

I found out in making my rounds on the car, that the emergency key mechanism in the bumper is missing. So I just ordered that part to be on the safe side, I added a battery tender to the car as well and keep it plugged in. Next research will be how to address handsfree since they have passed laws in all the counties around me that require handsfree use only now.

I look forward to browsing the thread and reading up on the XLR more.

xlr8.jpg

Congratulations from East Texas. Really like the color!

Welcome from the Gulf Coast area of Texas.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Looks like you got an XM trunk wart on the trunk?

Greetings from Houston! Welcome to the XLR Family and the greatest source of XLR information...supplied by the most knowledgeable, helpful and all-around wonderful people! I think you'll find everything you need for your new beauty here! If it's not already posted somewhere around here, someone will be able to help! Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

The trunk was replaced due to an accident that took the fender, turn signal, rear bumper, and trunk. I believe the owner that had it repaired bought a used trunk lid off a 2004 or 2005 before the ant was moved to the windshield.

Caddy Convention

Yo, MBRUND! Do you know about the National Cadillac/LaSalle convention being help in San Marcos next month? It's June 5-9 at the Embassy Suites San Marcos right on I35. They will actually have tours going to Austin, San Antonio, AND Fredricksburg. Why don't you come join us? Your XLR looks just like mine and we're hoping to have a bunch of XLR's together.
Here's a link if you want to check it out:
2018 CLC Grand National Meet - Cadillac & LaSalle Club

Hope to see you!

Yo, MBRUND! Do you know about the National Cadillac/LaSalle convention being help in San Marcos next month? It's June 5-9 at the Embassy Suites San Marcos right on I35. They will actually have tours going to Austin, San Antonio, AND Fredricksburg. Why don't you come join us? Your XLR looks just like mine and we're hoping to have a bunch of XLR's together.
Here's a link if you want to check it out:
2018 CLC Grand National Meet - Cadillac & LaSalle Club

Hope to see you!

Was not aware of the convention. Strangely enough I bought this car in San Marcos, TX at a used truck dealer :)

I will see if I can make it over there and meet other XLR owners. I am still trying to source all the missing parts for this car. When it was wrecked it seems to have sat for quite sometime before being repaired and several parts where removed. I just ordered the missing plastic components that hold the rear storage compartment as both where missing and someone hot wired the cover in place microswitch. I just noticed today that the drivers door outside gasket is completely missing, so I am ordering it from GMpartdirect. I hope that I found what was causing the car to keep having odd CAN bus errors, one of which was the left side air bag. It turns out that the air bag connector was half plugged in and when the seat would move it would cause issues. When I put the Tech2 on it, I had all kinds of odd CAN bus errors, and odd errors to various modules. I cleared everything and fixed the connect and all seems to be fine now, knock on wood.

Hope to see you and others at the convention assuming I can make it.

Michael

Come on over.

If it's drivable, come on over. I'll bet some of the XLR people can give you some ideas on where to get parts.
Hope to see you soon.

Welcome Aboard

Sounds like you are getting it 'sorted'. ;) Welcome to The XLR Site.

Hello all, I have wanted to own an XLR for many years. I ran across a 2006 with 76K miles that had a rebuilt title due to a rear end collision that took out the drivers side fender and the trunk. The repairs had already been done, and I made sure that the trunk and top operated at it should before making my offer. I got what I considered a killer deal for the year model, mileage, and rebuilt title. I just ordered a Tech 2, and downloaded the shop manuals for future as I have already had a trunk issue that I had to resolve (trunk open switch was always showing trunk in open state).

I found out in making my rounds on the car, that the emergency key mechanism in the bumper is missing. So I just ordered that part to be on the safe side, I added a battery tender to the car as well and keep it plugged in. Next research will be how to address handsfree since they have passed laws in all the counties around me that require handsfree use only now.

I look forward to browsing the thread and reading up on the XLR more.

View attachment 8002

Welcome to the fortunate world of XLR ownership. So glad to see that you purchased a fast RED one! Proven (in my mind) to be the quickest and classiest of then all! :burnout: Hope to see you some time at an XLR gathering, meanwhile enjoy your ride! :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom