Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Newbie rebuilding a Xenon Blue '05

Do you have mpn for plug adaptor ? Are you still going thru the Bose amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have mpn for plug adaptor ? Are you still going thru the Bose amp?

Here is the full thread on the install incd part numbers and process. The Bose amp, On-Star, chime, and adaptive cruise all function as original. Some people thought it was sacrilege to change the head-unit, but I am enjoying the benefits of a much more modern and updated system with no negative side-effects with the exception of no radio info displayed in the HUD.

Ordered wiring harness and module yesterday, ordering head unit later this week.

You are about to be very popular indeed. In the high energy physics world that is! A new quark - the XLR one!

Maybe quirks!

LOL!!!! Truth!

Ordered wiring harness and module yesterday, ordering head unit later this week.

Sweet! Hit me up if you have any questions and I will assist best I can.

Did you also loose the time an exterior temperature with this switch out?

Time no, but if the ext temp is displayed on the radio, then yes. I have a weather radar app I can display on the screen it I am too curious about it...

Time no, but if the ext temp is displayed on the radio, then yes. I have a weather radar app I can display on the screen it I am too curious about it...

It always wondered me why they don't even have an interior temperature either on our XLR, heck they had that out years before. I do remember some where in the forum some one switched out the rear view mirror with a ext temp display. I guess another question is do you need to have your iPhone with you to work all the functions of the head unit?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

It always wondered me why they don't even have an interior temperature either on our XLR, heck they had that out years before. I do remember some where in the forum some one switched out the rear view mirror with a ext temp display. I guess another question is do you need to have your iPhone with you to work all the functions of the head unit?

Would be cool if someone much smarter than I hacked the HUD and we could add the temp in there where the radio info used to display.

As far as having my iPhone on me, no, the FM and reverse camera would still work, but it is fairly useless. The idea of the AppRadio is to be an extension of ones phone. There are plenty of other models of double DIN head units that would work great and not require a smart phone. I just wanted the AppRadio 4. The Pioneer AVH-4100NEX has the option of CarPlay, plus built-in DVD/CD which mine does not have. You will have to have your smartphone to have Nav with it though or move up to the AVH-8100NEX[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Nimbus Sans L, Liberation Sans, FreeSans, sans-serif] to have a fully independent Nav system too.[/FONT]

Would be cool if someone much smarter than I hacked the HUD and we could add the temp in there where the radio info used to display.

As far as having my iPhone on me, no, the FM and reverse camera would still work, but it is fairly useless. The idea of the AppRadio is to be an extension of ones phone. There are plenty of other models of double DIN head units that would work great and not require a smart phone. I just wanted the AppRadio 4. The Pioneer AVH-4100NEX has the option of CarPlay, plus built-in DVD/CD which mine does not have. You will have to have your smartphone to have Nav with it though or move up to the AVH-8100NEX[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Nimbus Sans L, Liberation Sans, FreeSans, sans-serif] to have a fully independent Nav system too.[/FONT]

What about low lying & mountain area if you have no phone service, that should mean you loose service to radio also, correct?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Updating my build thread with some additional pics...

FullSizeRender (13).jpgFullSizeRender (39).jpghood3.jpgIMG_6131.jpg

Welcome !

Nice job and being done really quickly it would seem. It is really a pretty color.

Best :)

XLR Survivor

Thank you! I feel welcomed already and am happy to contribute. I am enjoying this vehicle more than I have enjoyed any vehicle in quite some time. Still can't wipe the grin off my face and it's been a couple weeks...

My used 2008 XLR came with the Z-06 Wheels. I am not sure if they are replicas or not but I love the look.

You and your Bodyshop have done an amazing job on that car.

I had considered installing a Shale Interior but after seeing those photos, I got over it in a hurry!
Well Done.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back