Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

No power to top. Help

dont waste money on a used one that may be bad. you can get a new one for 540$ from GM. people are paying 800 to a 1000 for used ones on ebay which is stupid. GM still has them New.

top problems again

RVAlan

I wonder some time, if the top could be opened manualy and store in the trunk, this way it will be beneficially for all, and with no longer problems, after all it can be done presently to close.

It could be slower to open/close it, but free of troubles.

IAN :wave:

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. So far, I'm led to believe it's a power distribution problem from the BCM. I'm really concerned about changing the BCM and creating other problems.

RVAlan

I wonder some time, if the top could be opened manualy and store in the trunk, this way it will be beneficially for all, and with no longer problems, after all it can be done presently to close.

It could be slower to open/close it, but free of troubles.

There is a YouTube video on how to manually do it. It takes time and some time. And you need a tool. But it can be done. I think someone here posted it in a thread. Or just search on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can the top manualy been process of the 2 ways.

hackeye372.

This video of you tube, is made by TOP HYDRAULIC, one of the advertiser on this site, about 10 videos were produced in order to initiate the XLR owners on how it works and how to do the repairs.

The video for the top explains how to open the trunk lid and how to close the retractable top manualy.

My post made, was to wonder if that could be done the reversed way, in opening maualy the retractable top, when it is closed and how to store it in the trunk.

yes this fine video is intructive.

Thanks for your comments.

IAN :thumbsup

Oh ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before replacing the BCM

RVAlan.

Before buying a new BCM, check the folowings....the Battery positive cable connections to be all deeply cleaned, and the dual negatif cable attached to the frame and at the body, as this is were the BCM gets its current for distribuing to all modules.

The battery large fuse to be cleaned and check the pins.

The auxiliary relay ( that feeds the top system ) and its function aswell its fuses.

All this is just arms oil and is economical before changing the BCM.

Lastly make a load test of the battery to see if it do keep its charge as per OEM specifications.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry