Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! non working top and trunk

XLR-V

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black XLR/V
Too good to be true? bought at auction in CA recently my 2006 V w/200kmi. Everything seemed to work properly, put the top down a couple times just to make sure all was good. Had the engine checked out while waiting 2 weeks to get it transferred over. Everything fine, took to store, trunk opened fine. A few days later, take it on freeway to run a little, get to destination to show top down again and nothing, warning light said "top motor temp". checked manual and this site for some help and found a little but the read was NOT "top motor High temp" Just Top Motor Temp. I any case thought OK ill wait till it cools. Let the car sit for a few days (including rain) and still nothing, no sound at all and no warning display. I try the trunk from outside and DO hear a click and tail lights flash as if its wants to start but then nothing. Thanks in advance for any help, I did not want to put another dime in this car due to mileage, I got a very good price but now maybe its "you get what you pay for".

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom