Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Optima battery and charge minder deal

XLRV

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V
So after some words of wisdom from CNC & Graytoad, I have decided to pull the trigger on the battery and charger sooner rather than later.

I’ve been scouring the forums looking, but it seems the Optima Red #35 is the way to go. I saw a lot of the those were from older posts, but I didn’t see that anything changed the Optima Red as one of the top choices.

Unless anyone knows differently, is the Optima Red 35 still the way to go?

I also found on the Optima website that if you buy their battery and their Digital 400 Performance charger / maintainer together, the manufacturer will add one full year to the battery warranty.

Does anyone one have any experience with this?

Extended OPTIMA(R) Warranty Promotion | OPTIMA(R) Batteries & Chargers Digital 1200

Thanks!

I never had a Optima in our XLR, but in three other collector cars we used the Red Tops with exceptional use. One was six years old and one was eight years old when we sold those cars......they were kept on a Battery Tender Plus. One daily driver Mustang had the same Optima and it failed one month before the three year warranty expired, and Optima replaced it free. It was still strong when the Mustang was sold, four years later for the replacement. Over the years, their prices have 'doubled',,,is the only issue I've moved away from them to the best model battery that AutoZone sells...

I put an Odyssey battery in our XLR 2 years ago and don't use a battery tender. The car has been parked about 3 weeks this month since we were both sick, and when I got ready to drive it out yesterday, it started up with no hesitation. Just sayin'

battery

Hey - I have a Optima yellow battery in my V. Just bolted up plain old battery tender lead the run it to my tender - never had an issue.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom