Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Picking up XLR

Bdnbrodie

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR
We are picking up an.07 XLR in Bardstown Ky this Thursday. My wife has always wanted one and now looks like as good of time as any. It is silver with 18,000 miles. the CARFAX looked clean and we plan on having our mechanic go.through it when we get it home, but are there any issues we .should be looking for when we pick it up. The deal is contingent on our inspection prior to purchase.

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Rob
make sure all the leds in the tail lights burn properly. Just one out will result in failure soon. also many do not even check the upper side light on the taillight. Top operates properly ,look at the shocks .even low mileage can have major leaks due to age and may need to be replaced. any grayish oil on the outside of them is bad. 07 is a good year to buy. Headlights should be nice and clean with no burns on the upper lens and the problems that come with 04/05 are mostly fixed . Drive it and enjoy.

Right on!
Don't forget to inspect that cubby hole left side of the trunk floor under the carpet. It houses critical modules along with the hydraulic pump for all the roof happenings. Issues with basically any year have been water ingress. That messing up pump electrics or the modules. Simple to lift the carpet and have a look-see for any vast signs of corrosion.

Good luck! :thumbsup

I appreciate the information. She has been driving an ELR the last several years and is.looking forward to the change. We are hoping it lives up to the description.

The car lived up to expectations. Everything seemed to work and look fine. No signs of water in the hydraulic compartment. Didn't have any maintenance records besides what was in the Carfax. We'll be taking it to our mechanic to go through it, especially the fluids. Only came with one key fob so we'll be looking for a new one. Thanks for the advice.
my wife loved the way it drove. Any one want a pristine ELR?

I ordered the Nav discs from ebay, found a wireless backup camera and installed both today. I appreciate the information from this forum.

can you share details of the backup camera that you chose? thanks!

Welcome to The XLR Site. Congratulations on finding a low miles clean one. Sounds like you did really well.
Again, welcome!

Yes we did. Our mechanic looked at it last week and didn't find anything wrong with it. He had another in his shop the day before that wasn't as lucky, broken front shocks and other issues.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom