Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

pin out wiring diagram from the back of the radio--12 pin connection

Treasureroom

Hello All,</SPAN>

Im having a NAV3 cable custom made for my 2006 to give me an aux input but still use the XM radio. It will also disable the speed sensor so I can program the navigation while the car is moving.</SPAN>

I found the link to the guy who makes these (Ray Kawal) on this XLR website and ordered from him. However, he needs a wiring diagram (or picture) of the back of the radio because his NAV3 cables are for the corvette. This is likely to be the same as the Corvette, but it is important to make sure. </SPAN>

Does anyone have the pin out wiring diagram of the 12 pin connection on the back of the XLR radio? </SPAN>

BTY, My XLR was stored in a garage 12 ft above sea level for Hurricane sandy. Im close to Atlantic city and the NJ shore. Not a drop of water got anywhere near my car!

Hello All,</SPAN>

Im having a NAV3 cable custom made for my 2006 to give me an aux input but still use the XM radio. It will also disable the speed sensor so I can program the navigation while the car is moving.</SPAN>

I found the link to the guy who makes these (Ray Kawal) on this XLR website and ordered from him. However, he needs a wiring diagram (or picture) of the back of the radio because his NAV3 cables are for the corvette. This is likely to be the same as the Corvette, but it is important to make sure. </SPAN>

Does anyone have the pin out wiring diagram of the 12 pin connection on the back of the XLR radio? </SPAN>

BTY, My XLR was stored in a garage 12 ft above sea level for Hurricane sandy. Im close to Atlantic city and the NJ shore. Not a drop of water got anywhere near my car!

I guess I should ask first if your car has built-in XM Radio. If so, you don't need a custom cable for the Aux in. Ray sold me the exact same one he uses for the Corvette C6 (ALTERNATIVE 2)and it works perfectly. This aux-in doesn't come off the radio it originates off the XM box with a plug and play harness that goes in between the head unit and the XM Box. Super Simple!

As for the speed sensor/nav programming, I bought a Nav Commander from Sunset Orange (also designed for the Corvette) that uses the reset button to activate. See my write up here.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom